IGNORED

The Dolman Shake

Lack of Action Man

In the game v Hartlepool, I was pooping myself after Christian Roberts scored!  Civil Engineering qualifications or not, I was a tad suspicious that I might be getting to pitch level a lot quicker than anticipated!    :bounce:    :bounce:     :bounce:  :bounce:                                                                                                                                                                     :bounce:    :bounce:   :bounce:   :bounce:  :bounce: 

In the game v Hartlepool, I was pooping myself after Christian Roberts scored!  Civil Engineering qualifications or not, I was a tad suspicious that I might be getting to pitch level a lot quicker than anticipated!    :bounce:    :bounce:     :bounce:  :bounce:                                                                                                                                                                     :bounce:    :bounce:   :bounce:   :bounce:  :bounce: 

Yes. That was 'elluva scary! And amazing. All at the same time.

I took an old mate from work to the man city cup game years ago, it's fair to say he hated it! In fact I suspect he probably had to discard his underwear later that evening!

Seems a tad extreme way to charge him for his ticket. What's wrong with just asking for cash?

In the summer do we actually know what's happening to the Dolman? I know they are replacing the rake in the lower dolman but are they also doing the upper rakye in the close season? Reason for asking is will the rake run the same as the new EE? And will there be more leg room? Also is their an outer dolman refurb?

Yes. That was 'elluva scary! And amazing. All at the same time.

You just don't get games like this anymore. Such emotion, remember broken hearted Hartlepool fans walking past me as I strolled into the Coopers to watch the reaction on SSN. Few city fans putting their arms round them consoling them. How we won that game I will never know. But the noise when we scored... just wow.

In the summer do we actually know what's happening to the Dolman? I know they are replacing the rake in the lower dolman but are they also doing the upper rakye in the close season? Reason for asking is will the rake run the same as the new EE? And will there be more leg room? Also is their an outer dolman refurb?

No the upper tier will remain unchanged. The elevations outside will be re-clad in silver/grey I think.

No the upper tier will remain unchanged. The elevations outside will be re-clad in silver/grey I think.

That's my understanding too. The seats in the upper will remain the same. I guess once all the stands are finished that the Dolman will have the poorest legroom etc

Work starts next week with the removal of the lower Dolman. Steps will be put in a bit like before the lower section was built and these will be retractable only being lowered as an emergency exit onto the pitch. The roof is being extended 5 metres and turnstiles demolished with 7 new ones built back by where the burger van was. . The exhibition hall will be a new concourse. Once the stadium is finished you will be able to go in any turnstile and walk around three quarters of the stadium using bars etc . You only need to show your ticket to enter the block you are seated in.

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was the title of one of Hartcliffe Red's new songs. We haven't had one for a couple of weeks so perhaps this might give him some inspiration. Or "The South Stand Shuffle"; "The Williams Macarana"; "The Atyeo Cha Cha"

Archived