IGNORED

Us?

trims

Wonder how many goals and assists he's provided them in half a season? Has to be a pretty impressive number; no doubt at all they'll miss him.

10 goals and 3 assists in 22 games.

Wilbs has scored 10 goals with 5 assists in 21 games.

Agard is 7 goals 1 assist in 18 games.

Much as Afobe is a very good player, we always seem to cast a jealous eye to others, but if we look closer to home, we find our current players are just as good.

We will miss out on Afobe, but the important thing is, MK will miss him more than we will by not signing him.

Much as Afobe is a very good player, we always seem to cast a jealous eye to others, but if we look closer to home, we find our current players are just as good.

We will miss out on Afobe, but the important thing is, MK will miss him more than we will by not signing him.

I love you Harry. Everyone needs to be a bit more Harry.

Quite.  I can't be arsed to find out now but JET's stats from last year in a poor side after the same games must compare favourably with this bloke.  

Love the positive stats, but Afobe's record is more impressive given that he only started 11 of those 22 games. He's also banged in 9 goals in cup competitions

Further to that, when taking into account minutes played, another one of our players comes out on top in the goal/assist ratio stakes:

Agard: 208mins/goal, 729mins/assist (162mins/involvement)*

Wilbs: 180m/g, 600m/a                       (139m/i)*

Afobe: 125m/g, 626m/a                      (96m/i)

JET: 111m/g, 166m/a                          (66m/i)

Harry has Wilbs with 5 assists, my source listed 3, while it also credited Agard with 2 assists to Harry's 1.

Wilbs would therefore improve to 360m/a (120m/i), and Agard would drop to 1458m/a (182m/i).

In case anyone's counting.

It's nice that you have cast a reflective eye over the situation. Fans should apply the "grass is always greener" proverb to prospective signings.

Harry, on 10 Jan 2015 - 9:14 PM, said:

Not only do they lose him, they also don't collect a hefty wedge to replace him. January signings are never cheap!

Wells is definitely not out of favour. He's their top scorer on 11 or 12 league goals. They would not loan that out as they have no one similar to replace him with.

Dicko however, maybe worth a shout at wolves if afobe is to sign there. He is almost identical to Agard though so I'm not sure he would want to come and be a bit part player

Archived