IGNORED

Drink Up Thy Cup Of Tea...

cityexile

Bit of nonsense from the Crawley v MK game that made me smile, so thought I would share.

All heard about ultras at different clubs. Seems Crawley have there own, in a very English tradition. As best I can tell, a carer in the disabled session threw his cup of tea over a MK player during the match, not liking a tackle. After the match he posted,

"I took umbrage at Baker's(MK's 13) push on Lewis Young which saw Lewis almost go over the barriers and into my disabled father in law. So I gave Baker the remainder of my half time cup of tea

The ref by all accounts wanted me thrown out, as did Robinson who came down to suggest I had thrown boiling tea all over his player, rather forgetting the assault by Baker on Lewis Young. I suggested Robinson should get back in his box and learn some facts first - like the tea wasn't even hot - I'd drunk most of it.

In fairness to Baker he walked over shook my hand and that was that. Dave Nightingale was also decent as Chief Steward saying I shoudn't have done it (he was right) but he could understand why if I felt my father in law was at risk of injury. - which he was.".

Going to have to watch it when we go there, maybe sneak some bovril in to make sure we can protect ourselves.

Archived