IGNORED

What Would You Do?

grifty

I had a discussion with my boss the other day regarding this.

If you were the best player in the old (better than Ronaldo/Messi) and could win any game on your own and you were 18/19 years old, would you want to spend your career at City, probably play more and score more than Atyeo, be revered by the fans, a true football legend, probably move City up to the Prem and possibly challenge up there for mid-table, odd cup win, possible League challenge and play for the England team, or would you want to play for a big well known club and try and win champs League every year (t Real, Barce, Man U, Arsenal, etc)

I was in the, I'd only want to play for City for my whole career.

Snap. I've turned down a decent wedge to do what I wanted, not chasing cash or status.

So long as I'm comfortable I don't aspire to much. Just not me.

Loving City as I do I'd never want to leave.

My main problem in my final job before going freelance was to avoid promotion into the Adminisphere. I loved the job I was doing and I was good at it. Too good, because they kept trying to promote me out of it. My solution was to dress scruffy* and even scruffier when promotion was in the offing. I discovered afterwards that the communications expert who wore the biker gear to work was doing the same thing ;)

If you enjoy the work you're doing, don't let them promote you out of it :nono:

* How scruffy? I used to spruce myself up before drinking down the Old England :o

Go, of course. Life is what you make of it and you only get one shot.

Of course if you were that good and the club was able to buy 4 or 5 players to replace from the fee it may be better off for your leaving rather than staying.

It's a really difficult question.

Shall we  just ask Matt Smith?  ;)

What I can say is that if Football clubs paid you to support them- how much wonga would it take you to don the blue and white quarters and sing " Goodnight Irene" at  the minimal?

There are some things in life much much more important than mere money.

Given this is fantasy, i'd start out at City young and become a legend, then, because i ws the better than Messi/Ronaldo i'd be sold for mega bucks (which would go in to City) and chase the cash and earn the mega bucks elsewhere - but save it. Then when i retired - due to being filthy rich from earning millions, i'd return to City as a major investor and plow money back in to the best club in the universe. Job done.

I would leave City and sign for a Major club (who ever paid me the most)

After my contract ran out I would then sign for another Major club but one from a different country

Would do that untill my mid 30s Would then sign for a smaller club in the sun (Benfica,Savilla etc)

After that fi body still up to it back to City or go to Exeter!!

Archived