IGNORED

This Seasons Signings

chivers88

Who so far has been cotts best signing and who has been his worst this season mine would be best korey smith best absolute work horse mops a lot up worst Agard not because he is poor but everyone else he has signed has been better imo

I agree there have been many good signings - Freeman, Elliott and Ayling have also been excellent. Cotterill does seem to have a high success rate!

I disagree with Agard being worst when the likes of El Abd have been signed!

In typical OTIB style I wanted to go slightly off subject and say I thought Freeman had one of his worst games yesterday - that's not to say he played badly but not his usual high standard as little things didn't quite come off.

I wonder if JET occupying the deep striker role has meant Freeman can't get into same spaces and is less effective?

How do you pick between Ayling, Smith and Freeman.... All have been brilliant. Think maybe Smith just edges it for me as we've been lacking a player like him for years. Wilbraham also up there. As for the "worst" signing I don't think there is one. It's a bit unfair to label anyone in this team the worst so I can't give an answer, only an order of best

1. K. Smith

2. Freeman

3. Ayling

4. Wilbraham

5. M. Smith

6. Little

7. Agard

Two words;

Tyrone Barnett

This for me, shows how the transfer market can sometimes be a bit of a lottery and so far Cotts has had a fair bit of luck. I think most of us, given the choice between Barnett and Wilbs when he brought Barnett in on loan, would have preferred him but just look at the contrasting fortunes. That's not to do Cotts a disservice as he obviously recognises the type of player he wants and seems to be a good judge of character which will mean he wins more than he loses with his buys. But nobody can predict how a player will fit until you take the plunge. Have to say I have confidence in his judgement.

Archived