IGNORED

Forza Williams Song?

One Team

Used to sing it in the East End during the Gary Johnson era, and seems to have made a welcome return at the last couple of games. The tune is 'When Johnny Comes Marching Home', which was of course updated by the Clash in 'English Civil War', thus

Whilst it would be nice to claim we are reworking Joe, Mick, Topper and the other one (Simon, Paul, Paul Simon, Pauleon, Simeone...) that tune sounds so naff (to my ears) it's unbelievable! Esp the 'hurrah' bits! Who the hell says Hurrah these days? Rik Mayall's dead so...no-one.

'The Reds Are Going Up' was attempted but fizzled out as it was acknowledged that Jan is waaay too early to be singing that. 

All that said, I'd rather hear a bit of a naff tune than nothing. Not all that noisy again yesterday, at least not until 3-0. Shame about the berk singing his own words to Cider Submarine. But, gotta keep making some noise!!

Whilst it would be nice to claim we are reworking Joe, Mick, Topper and the other one (Simon, Paul, Paul Simon, Pauleon, Simeone...) that tune sounds so naff (to my ears) it's unbelievable! Esp the 'hurrah' bits! Who the hell says Hurrah these days? Rik Mayall's dead so...no-one.

'The Reds Are Going Up' was attempted but fizzled out as it was acknowledged that Jan is waaay too early to be singing that.

All that said, I'd rather hear a bit of a naff tune than nothing. Not all that noisy again yesterday, at least not until 3-0. Shame about the berk singing his own words to Cider Submarine. But, gotta keep making some noise!!

If you're refering to the chap that sings the verses to cider submarine he's been doing it for a few years no shame in it he the bloke that gets it going, the lyrics are good, he sells the fanzine, top bloke by all accounts.

Like the Cotteril song but not keen on the fact it goes a bit welsh all male voice choir, this is football, not last night of the proms.

He's a top bloke, been doing stuff like that for years. A football character, terrace character if you will. Originality is lost these days as it's easier to song "do do do do...literally anybody's name".

It will come back when we find a home in the redeveloped Ashton Gate, wherever that may be. But E block Williams is not the East end.

He's a top bloke, been doing stuff like that for years. A football character, terrace character if you will. Originality is lost these days as it's easier to song "do do do do...literally anybody's name".

It will come back when we find a home in the redeveloped Ashton Gate, wherever that may be. But E block Williams is not the East end.

agree on the first couple of lines. I'd rather hear someone singing than silence. Don't really care what the words are. 

Not sure what will happen when AG is redeveloped. Will have to wait and see. Let us know where you boys plan to sit. 

Regarding the cotts song, It's always interesting to hear those that want to sing the song slowly vs those who sing at speed battling to keep it going.  

If you're refering to the chap that sings the verses to cider submarine he's been doing it for a few years no shame in it he the bloke that gets it going, the lyrics are good, he sells the fanzine, top bloke by all accounts.

Like the Cotteril song but not keen on the fact it goes a bit welsh all male voice choir, this is football, not last night of the proms.

Agreed, the verses to Cider Submarine are fantastic. Should be given an outing more often IMO.

What are the verses? Couldn't quite make it out but they sounded brilliant

The ones I remember were as follows:

In the town where I was born,

We drink apples from dusk til dawn.

It's the town where I will die,

I hope there's apples up in the sky.

---

Apples green, and Apples red,

I keep a flagon by me bed.

It helps me sleep, it helps me dream,

Of apples red, and Taunton Deane.

The ones I remember were as follows:

In the town where I was born,

We drink apples from dusk til dawn.

It's the town where I will die,

I hope there's apples up in the sky.

---

Apples green, and Apples red,

I keep a flagon by me bed.

It helps me sleep, it helps me dream,

Of apples red, and Taunton Deane.

Of Ashton Gate and Taunton Deane I think, it's good!

Archived