IGNORED

I Thought The Police Dictated Game Start Times ?

M_Porter

I all ways thought that the police could alter start times etc, or refuse to allow clubs to move kick off's

But it seems the police and the council can be over ridden by the FA.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next month's Everton v Liverpool derby at Goodison Park will remain a teatime kick-off despite council objections, the Premier League has ruled.

Liverpool City Council had asked that the Saturday 7 February fixture, set to begin at 17:30 GMT, start earlier.

The request followed Merseyside Police identifying the weekend game as having a higher risk of disorder because of the late kick-off time.

However, the Premier League has said the time will not be changed.

In a report to the ground safety advisory committee in December, Merseyside Police said it did not support the start time, stating weekend games should kick-off no later than 13:30 GMT.

Full story:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-30778377

Think this will be different as BT's contract is for 12:45 saturday matches (the alternative as 3:00pm are banned) and the game must presumably be on Sky.  

Personally I feel the police sometimes worry beyond the point of reality (our "bubble" games versus Swansea and Cardiff for instance).  Remember this is one of the few (only?) derbies where the fans can mix too.  

Think this will be different as BT's contract is for 12:45 saturday matches (the alternative as 3:00pm are banned) and the game must presumably be on Sky.  

Personally I feel the police sometimes worry beyond the point of reality (our "bubble" games versus Swansea and Cardiff for instance).  Remember this is one of the few (only?) derbies where the fans can mix too.

changed one hell of a lot over the last 5-10 years

gets rather lively nowadays

I think that these days there can be quite a bit of trouble, and it's only a few with split family loyalities who sit together for this one.

Back to OP, it seems that Sky and their money over-rule everybody!

Archived