IGNORED

Miller And Wilkshire: A Different Thought

WestburyRed

These two guys have been getting a lot of flack for quite some time now, and usually comments arise along the lines of them being supposed to being Premier League standard so what the hell is happening.

As I see it, Miller has proved that with good delivery he will head goals in all day. And Wilkshire (more rarely) has proved that given proper options he can quite comfortably play a match winning pass that most of players aside from Tinman could never dream of playing.

Saying that, maybe these two guys are nearly Premier League standard, but to play to your potential you need to playing with Premier League standard players, people who can knock crosses in all day for you, or people that can make excellent runs into space.

I think its all too easy to knock these guys for not cutting it, when potentially its the players around them that are stopping them from really showing what they can do.

I see your point, but....

With the exception of Murrey, this is still the same squad that took as to the brink of Div 1 football and the team that demolished the best the 2nd and 3rd divs had to offer on the way to lifting the LDV trophy.

The squad is able to beat anyone in the 2nd and most of the 1st on the day. I can't see that that Miller and Wilkshire are unable to perform due to the rest of the squad

I agree.

Wilkshire recieved a lot of flack after the game on Saturday put i personally thought he was everywhere on the pitch. He worked non stop and he put in a number of good deliveries and though balls which were either mis read by Roberts/Peacock or well defended.

Also Miller has not been given enough time yet. It seems he had trouble settling down in the area in the begining and is now only get to grips with the club. I think if we can get the service to him and Peacock then they can both get a good number of goals this season. It is just that Wilkshire is not a winger who can get behind the defence and get a cross in. He is more of a playmaker like tins. We need a right sided midfielder who has got pace and a good cross.

agreed miller with the right service would score goals for fun and he will

get better, i think wilkshire will be far better placed in the center of midfield

rather than the wing he is having to fill the boots of murray which i think

he had an impossible task before he even kicked a ball, wilkshire will in

time will get better and i see him as in the long run a replacement for tinnion

who won't be around forever (sadly) and given the right place in the team

wilkshire will also get better..

:Costumed19: BRING BACK SCOTT MURRAY :clap::D

Wilkshire is definately playing out of position. Although he can get good crosses in, he hasn't got the pace out wide. Playing 10-15 matches in the Premier League means Steve McClaren must have seen something in him last season. Apparently he was MOM against Spurs when they won 5-1 on the last day of the season. I think this man will be the eventual successor to the Tinman - so give him time! As for Miller, he is a forward who finds it difficult to partner Lee Peacock, who is obvious first choice. Their styles are too similiar and therefore make the same runs. He is a good replacement for Peacock and although I like him as a player, was he worth 300k? (especially with Lita desperate to start).

The jury's obviously still out, but it looks like they're here for the long run.

So let's get behind these youngsters (20 and 22 yrs old)

Come On You Reds.

Archived