IGNORED

Premier Seating St Holders' Cup Tickets

CliftonCliff

Can't see this iisue raised on the main thread about cup tickets, so it seems worth making a separate topic of it, as it may be of interest to those to whom it applies.

Like most, I have received an email informing me a I can secure my Premier ST seat online. Not true: I can't, and furthermore this has been the case ever since the online system was changed from the one that allowed you to reserve your seat, pay and have your account credited with the transaction, so that your card simply worked at the turnstile when you turned up to the game - however long ago that is now.

It may just be that there is a problem with my particular account, but I doubt it. I can sign in, see my details, including my correct ST seat number, but clicking on "Buy Tickets" just results in a message appearing that says something like "No valid variants found" or some similar, meaningless I.T. gobbledegook.

I had this exact same problem ages ago and enquired about it with the then-manager of the ticket sales office, who I believe was called Jane Maggs. I think she may have since left the club, which is a pity because I always found her unfailingly helpful, even if she couldn't - for reasons outside of her control - provide you with the service you were requesting. She told me the club was aware of the issue and that it was the intention to modify this aspect of the system, in order to allow Premier Seating STHs to reserve their seats for cup matches in the same way as all other STHs in different parts of the stadium.

It seems that at least one year on, possibly two, it still hasn't been done. No surprise there, then. So if this applies to you, you'll need to spend however long it takes to get through on the phone, or go to Ashton Gate in person. Good luck with that.

So much for online booking.

Edit: P. S. If Dave L is monitoring this, Dave, I'd be really grateful for some feedback on this frustrating and longstanding issue, which may well be of importance to a considerable number of other ST Holders who, I would remind the club, are paying the highest prices in the stadium for ST seats (hospitality packages aside) and who are regularly inconvenienced by this problem.

Tried this from the other thread:

"

Log in to the online site and click on 'reservations'. The system should automatically recognise your seat and make it available for purchase. It will give you an option to buy the Gillingham game. Once you have completed that transaction (or not, as the case may be), then click on 'reservations' again and it will bring up the West Ham game. Any problems, call 0117 963 0600. Lines are busy, but you have until 5pm next Monday, so all season card holders will have plenty of time to make sure they get their ticket.

"

Tried this from the other thread:

"

Log in to the online site and click on 'reservations'. The system should automatically recognise your seat and make it available for purchase. It will give you an option to buy the Gillingham game. Once you have completed that transaction (or not, as the case may be), then click on 'reservations' again and it will bring up the West Ham game. Any problems, call 0117 963 0600. Lines are busy, but you have until 5pm next Monday, so all season card holders will have plenty of time to make sure they get their ticket.

"

Thanks and I appreciate you're trying to help, but I've done all that and it doesn't work.

I realise of course that I can phone - and will have to, since online booking in this case isn't functioning - but the whole point is I shouldn't have to.

I am trying, and have been trying for a couple of seasons, to bring this to the club's attention and get something done about it. It just gets repeatedly ignored. It's precisely this kind of thing that causes the club to receive so much negative feedback from frustrated supporters about the ticketing system. Why not just bloody fix it!?

• Admin

Edit: P. S. If Dave L is monitoring this, Dave, I'd be really grateful for some feedback on this frustrating and longstanding issue, which may well be of importance to a considerable number of other ST Holders who, I would remind the club, are paying the highest prices in the stadium for ST seats (hospitality packages aside) and who are regularly inconvenienced by this problem.

Don't honestly know if DL reads all topics - probably saver to put something in the Q&A section that he will notice easier

This probably won't be helpful for you but I bought my season ticket seat for the West Ham game online this morning in about thirty seconds with no problems.

I used the same procedure as !james highlighted above....

Thanks for trying to help, but I'm guessing that your seat is not in the Premier Seating area of the Williams? The point is the online system works fine for everyone else, but is not available for (ironically) this particular section of the ground, which houses the most expensive ST seats in the stadium.

Archived