IGNORED

Marlon Pack - Quietly Become One Of The Most Improved

southvillekiddy

Really impressed with Marlon on the Highlights, looks so much more accurate, positive and athletic than when he came to us. Really crisp, intelligent interplay with Korey and then really moving down the middle to set JET up for the second.

For my sins I remember posting that he moved around like a bag of cement when I saw him at Swindon last season.

Looks like the whole team are now getting off on being quick and fit.

Sorry I thought he was our worst player last night. The break for JETs goal was one of the few moments of quality.. his work rate & in particular his positional sense is awful.

A number of times he was stationary and lost his runner. He fails to do the basic defending when the opposition is running at him. He either stands off or gives away a silly free kick for shirt pulling.

I'm really hoping he improves as he's still got time on his side but to me he wouldn't cut in the championship

Sorry I thought he was our worst player last night. The break for JETs goal was one of the few moments of quality.. his work rate & in particular his positional sense is awful.

A number of times he was stationary and lost his runner. He fails to do the basic defending when the opposition is running at him. He either stands off or gives away a silly free kick for shirt pulling.

I'm really hoping he improves as he's still got time on his side but to me he wouldn't cut in the championship

Bloody hell, football is a funny game. I thought he was first class last night!

This is typical. Now who am I supposed to blame for everything?

To be honest, since Lee Johnson left, our transfer policy has failed to deliver a clear and consistent scapegoat.

Complete farce.

I don't know, I though El-Abd was showing real signs of slotting into the forum scapegoat position with aplomb.

Very underrated in my opinion, with regular games and some confidence he will only get better.

He does so many things that go unnoticed by many fans that i think he gets too much of a hard time, he has all the attributes to be a very decent Championship midfielder.

Believe in Marlon!

Without doubt, however with JET and freeman both in the side I think the pairing of pack and smith makes us more balanced.

Exactly this but that would mean changing to a flat back four which I dont think will happen anytime soon. Great pro is Marlon. Its hard to find any consistency when your in & out of the team. He was loved at Nam & everything went through him. Hes had to do bide his time here but there's much more to come from him. 23 experienced & can play. Get him signed up ASAP!

Got to say that was a corker of a corner he delivered for the first goal last night.

I like him. Like other squad members who were written off, he seems to be responding well to the Cotts Magic formula. Credit to Cotts he certainly knows how to improve fringe players.

I thought he had a very decent game. I think the fact that his contribution is not always significantly noticeable compared to some could be the reason that he divides opinion but he has his role in the team and can only see him getter better. He is never going to be the fastest but he will learn to take better positions and make better decisions.

If Marlon Pack is the worst midfielder in our squad then it just shows how far we have come.

Archived