IGNORED

Stuart Pearce

Londoner

So you dont think Beckham thrives off media and publicity?

I cant really be arsed to get in an argument about it, fair play to him, for someone of pretty limited ability footballing wise he has done unbelievably well.

I don't know if Beckham likes the media and publicity (only he really knows) but to say he had limited ability is absolute bull. 

When Pearce does eventually fail, it is already inevitable and unavoidable that Nigel Clough will be the next Forest manager.

Nigel (can't refer to him as Clough!) has enhanced his profile with these cup runs with the Blades and is now primed to boss a Championship club. Shef U will fail to get promoted, Forest will decide to part ways with Pearce, and Nigel comes in with a frothy tidal wave of nostalgia and misplaced optimism.

Maybe Pearce dropped him. Of course Mills is entitled to his opinion, but it does come across as a bit vitriolic.

I have to say, I think Pearce is distinctly average as a manager.

So really then Mills has got it about right? and he is right about the initial results comment as well looking at Pearce's record. Vitriolic maybe but to me he has a shed load of evidence to back it up.

I don't get all of the unprofessional bollox, as long as doesn't draw a cartoon of 'you know who', he's entitled to his first hand opinion.

So really then Mills has got it about right? and he is right about the initial results comment as well looking at Pearce's record. Vitriolic maybe but to me he has a shed load of evidence to back it up.

I don't get all of the unprofessional bollox, as long as doesn't draw a cartoon of 'you know who', he's entitled to his first hand opinion.

Mills comes across as bitter rather than objective. He's using his soapbox for personal reasons.

Mills comes across as bitter rather than objective. He's using his soapbox for personal reasons.

But has the evidence to back it up, whatever 'we' think about him or Pearce, Pearce starts off well and then fades his managerial record shows that and Mills has played under him, so he's entitled to voice that opinion.

Problem I have with Stuart Pearce (England Lion though he is, when we still had Lions) is that virtually everything he says is prototype Pearce speak.. ".... We've set a marker down today and shown we will not lie down and die. This is an honest bunch of players, an honest group and I believe they'll turn this around and so do they. As I say, there's no lack of desire in this bunch and they'll fight for each other and for me. I think we've shown today what we can do an as a group, we'll continue to work hard to turn this around. I have absolutely no doubt about that, I can assure you".

Alright mate ;) thanks for the insight.

Interesting what Danny Mills has come out and said regarding Pearce as a manger....unless I'm mistaken people on this forum and elsewhere have had experience with Pearce and said the same thing....that he really isn't a good manager....at all.

His record is pretty poor....but you would of thought such an experienced high quality footballer would make it as a half decent manager.

Maybe he is one of those blokes who just doesn't have it in him?

As others have commented I believe he seems to have this honey coated period at the start and then it fades rather quickly and dramatically. I believe Danny Mills is probably bang on the money and having an agenda or no has a right to offer his opinion when asked.

Pearce comes across as being someone who many would have some decent banter with in a pub after a match especially when one has downed a few because his command of the English language is rather limited but as a manager he would certainly not be motivating me. That said most players, sorry to disagree with you here Mr Mills, are in fact naive; it comes with being a good footballer and neglecting schooling of the book worm variety. Doff your hat to the players that do that and succeed in the game. A manager, however, needs a bit more of the nous than the average player and I think this is where Pearce is, perhaps, lacking.

As for some poster suggesting Nigel is nailed on to take over, when that day comes, I would agree he is a candidate but no more. The Arab owners do make very odd decisions in that department so its a possibility; would it be the right one? On current record I think not. It might just be the same mistake they made when giving Pearce the job. I hope Pearce turns it around, for his sake, and can see them sneaking closer to the play offs but is he the man to take them up and keep them there? Definitely not.

He looked a prize cock celebrating the goals and win at Derby. yes local derby, all of that, but he is the manager, and it was just a league game . crass. 

He's already stated that it's his reputation and affinity with the fans that's allowed him time at Forest - any other manager would have been sacked by now.  Reactions such as that yesterday, further enhance the 'legend' status and make it difficult for him to be removed at any point soon.  The fans were just starting to question Pearce but that win and his reaction... well...they aren't going to turn now are they...

However, I agree, very crass celebration.

Below average manager living of his past (one dimensional) trait and reputation.

What has Danny mills ever achieved?

If you are only allowed to state opinions based on your achievements within the game, should we just shut down the forum now?

Mills strikes me as articulate, more intelligent than your average footballer and perfectly capable of forming an opinion on a manager based on his own extensive experiences in the game and the evidence he sees in front of him.

Seems to me that we criticise pundits when they just offer bland cliches, but then when someone offers an interesting and controversial opinion and they get battered for it.

Problem I have with Stuart Pearce (England Lion though he is, when we still had Lions) is that virtually everything he says is prototype Pearce speak.. ".... We've set a marker down today and shown we will not lie down and die. This is an honest bunch of players, an honest group and I believe they'll turn this around and so do they. As I say, there's no lack of desire in this bunch and they'll fight for each other and for me. I think we've shown today what we can do an as a group, we'll continue to work hard to turn this around. I have absolutely no doubt about that, I can assure you".

Alright mate ;) thanks for the insight.

Having just read this, I genuinely have no clue as to whether he said it, or whether you've just made it up! If you made it up, you are a genius.

Archived