IGNORED

There Will Be No Bubbles! Bristol Sport.

cityexile

For "an insider" read "we just made it up"

Thats normally the way.

Indeed it is. I can't remember where it was, but I remember seeing an interview with a tabloid journalist recently where they admitted just how much is made up, and that when they do they just put stuff like, an insider told us, or a friend of the celebrity, etc. 

Really ?

You give them too much credit.

An "insider" is tabloid speak for "this will make it seem credible"

Precisely. I'll let folk into a secret. When papers say "an insider said" it means "we hope this is what happening, but we don't have any credible source".

Involvement

That's the magic word that you DL and BS need to learn.

Us supporters, the lifeblood of Bristol City, are no longer a soft touch.

Todays rubbish should leave you in no doubt that it's a good job BS pulled the plug!

In future 'involve' the fans before rediculous ideas like this hit the national press and make us a

laughing stock.

Were you not aware this was going on during the week? Would it have been prudent to 'liase' with the fans?

I love the idea that Bristol Sport were awaiting confirmation of the bubble machine specification.

"well, it's a 100 watt Davidson Mark V with extra bubble boost".

Wtf were they going to do with this information exactly?

And now their story about it never happening is treating us like bloody fools.

As will get lost in all the rest, thought it was worth posting this seperately.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30906685

Positioning seems to be 'what are you all talking about, we know nothing, not happening'.

All makes sense other than Adams post confirming it. Rather than analyse to death, outcome is a good one, move on.

Try the link again. Makes no sense to me........

I love the idea that Bristol Sport were awaiting confirmation of the bubble machine specification.

"well, it's a 100 watt Davidson Mark V with extra bubble boost".

Wtf were they going to do with this information exactly?

And now their story about it never happening is treating us like bloody fools.

Bleeding obvious now. The Davidson Mark V would have been fine. The extra bubble boost is totally unacceptable exceeding by 10% the number of bubbles allowed in the stadium as defined in the Safety of Grounds Act (Ashton Gate Edition). All bubbles had reserved spaces to occupy and there was a major health and safety risk of some bubbles occupying unreserved spaces.

It would have been carnage all those bubbles jostling for position.

I wonder if the other Antichrists are as naive as this one?

Maybe. Lots of clubs are run by pillocks, you know. Usually it's the owner: Ashley, Tan etc.

We are at least lucky that the man holding the ultimate purse-strings is switched on and motivated.

Maybe. Lots of clubs are run by pillocks, you know. Usually it's the owner: Ashley, Tan etc.

We are at least lucky that the man holding the ultimate purse-strings is switched on and motivated.

I agree with all you say there, Robbo. However, it takes a lot to motivate me to moan about the Club, especially at the moment when things really couldn't be much better, but it really was incredibly naive for the the Club/BS to even consider it, let alone ask for a specification on the machine.

It has unnecessarily brought our credibility in to question and has divided fans on the eve of a game when that could have been sensibly and easily avoided.

Everyone's bemoaning the fact that Bristol Sport are "naive", and accusing them of being inept, disconnected, devoid of intelligent thought, all the rest of it, yet seem to be giving them the credit of knowing what a "bubble machine" is before asking West Ham.

Could it be that they're even more inept than anyone's suggesting?

"A bubble machine? What, those little pots of washing up liquid with the funny sticks? One of your fans wants to bring one of them? I guess so, if you want... You weirdos."

"No, a massive one that we'd let off right next to the tunnel, filling the air with hundreds and thousands."

"The cake decoration?! What are you on about?! Crazy cockneys."

"No. Hundreds and thousands of bubbles. Right next to the tunnel. As the teams run out. And you can play our song too."

"OH.

No.

**** right off."

You never know...

Hmmm more evidence against Bristol Sport

Andy Stockhausen ?@AndyStockhausen 41s41 seconds agoBristol, England

Apparently @westhamunited asked if they could use their bubble machine and were told yes, only for permission to be rescinded a day later.

But BS said there was never going to be a machine.

They wouldn't tell fibs to save face would they? Can't imagine a suit with a marketing background could do that.

Hmmm more evidence against Bristol Sport

Apparently @westhamunited asked if they could use their bubble machine and were told yes, only for permission to be rescinded a day later.

"A bubble machine? What, those little pots of washing up liquid with the funny sticks? One of your fans wants to bring one of them? I guess so, if you want... You weirdos."

"No, a massive one that we'd let off right next to the tunnel, filling the air with hundreds and thousands."

"The cake decoration?! What are you on about?! Crazy cockneys."

TIME PASSES

FOLLOWING DAY:

"No. Hundreds and thousands of bubbles. Right next to the tunnel. As the teams run out. And you can play our song too."

"OH.

No.

**** right off."

;)

Archived