IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V West Ham United Match Day Thread

Great performance, we do have some top quality players, I was amazed actually how well we played against a Prem side pushing for Europe, we tore them apart in the first half, just lacked that quality in the final 3rd.

omg!

Reid got MOM? omg, spivs everywhere!

Bryan was not even in the BBC top 3 to vote for, jeeez, what a farce 

Edited by CiderHider

The good thing is (imo) the squad won't let this affect their focus on League 1.  By rights, we should have been well beaten by the Prem side, home advantage or not.  

I firmly believe that today's result is fairly low on their radar as a loss, but will be used to reaffirm to the players how well placed the hard work has put them in the race to get out of this godforsaken division. I'm feeling positive that this will just push BCFC onwards and upwards.

Errrr.......... that's all

• Like 1

Not bad. Lost to a handball on the line 1st half by Carroll and a handball by Carroll leading to their goal. Different game if we get that 'little bit of luck' SC was talking about in the week.

I think that both handballs would have been harsh (though having watched it a couple of times, I think perhaps Carroll knew what he was doing on the goal line), but on another day they could have been given. But it wasn't another day I suppose Edited by chipdawg

We prob had that luck at scunny last week.

Maybe. Restricted them to a few chances, ours mainly in the air. Other than maybe the Bryan one, noting really to feet in their box, which was maybe not a surprise. Let's not forget they paid us the compliment of putting out their strongest eleven. Really good effort, not much really at all between the teams, and just unlucky on the day.

I think that both handballs would have been harsh (though having watched it a couple of times, I think perhaps Carroll knew what he was doing on the goal line), but on another day they could have been given. But it wasn't another day I suppose

Yeah. The first one probably was, but would have been a HUGE call, and seeing as after countless slow motion replays it's still not 100% there's no way you could give it as a ref.

Second one just wasn't a handball.

Quite right though, it wasn't another day.