IGNORED

Close-season Prediction League

Nogbad the Bad

... well 2 tentative enquiries anyway.

Right, all sorts of rumours flying about. But who, if anyone, will City sign this Summer? Can you sort out the genuine possibilities from the absurd rumours?

And who will reject City's contract offer and leave the club? Will anyone other than them be sold? Just what do you predict will actually happen?

The Competition is as follows:

1) Name 3 players currently at City (including those considering new contracts) who will not be on the pre-season squad photo. i.e they will be GONE.

** Joe Burnell does not count for the purposes of this Comp.**

2) Name 3 players currently not employed by City who will be signed by the big kick-off.

A points system will be in operation, details to follow, but it will include a small deduction for incorrect guesses, so keep it sensible.

Last date for entry will be this Wednesday 16th June at Midnight, as things may start happening quickly.

Come on, if you think you're really in the know, or if you reckon you've got a nose for these things, or mostly just for a laugh and to keep a bit of interest in the close-season, ENTER NOW.

Nogbad's predictions to follow tomorrow. :D

Guest Mr White

3 of each is a bit much isn't it????

In: Vincente (We need a real left winger)

Alessandro Nesta (Quality centre back)

Fernando Torres (World Class young Striker)

Out: Lee Peacock (this forum will strike again :D :@ :( :@ )

Tommy Doherty (it seems inevitable)

Mickey Bell

CTID

I don't think there will be another 3 players leaving.

And I don't think we will be signing 3 new players.

Do I get any points for that ?

Indeed you do, minus 6, plus immediate + permanent occupation of LAST place in the much coveted League.

My yet to be revealed points system also indicates the strong possibility of ignominious relegation for your good self before a contract is even signed.

A shocking start cynic, however with a bit of imagination you may yet haul yourself up to one from bottom.

That prospect alone should surely have you racking your brains to put forward a reasoned entry and banish the negativity you have onerously displayed in your rash and ill-conceived response. :D

The Close-season Prediction League is not for the faint-hearted, take a deep breath and GO for it. :(

In: Stephen McPhee

Marcus Stewart

Richie Wellens

Out: Lee Peacock

Darren Hawkins (loan)

er......

Chris Roberts (if the two stirkers above join)

NB I don't personally wish to see Roberts leave :P

I'm a bit disappointed Madger, thought you'd be the first reply!

Do you want to change Hawkins (loan) - after all he'd presumably still be on the squad photo?

3 of each is a bit much isn't it????

In: Vincente (We need a real left winger)

Alessandro Nesta (Quality centre back)

Fernando Torres (World Class young Striker)

Out: Lee Peacock (this forum will strike again :( :@ :grr: :@ )

Tommy Doherty (it seems inevitable)

Mickey Bell

CTID

Mr. White, glad to have your entry, but you'd have to give a bit more thought to the first 3 - they're patently not good enough for Bristol City. :D

OUT:

Lee Peacock

Tommy Doherty

Danny Coles - hope i'm wrong, got a nasty feeling City will get "too good to turn down" offers.

IN:

Liam Lawrence

Tommy Mooney

Richie Wellens

League Table, as it stands:

Equal 1st:

Nogbad the Bad.....0

Madger.................0

Mr. White..............0

The dozens yet to enter...0

Bottom: cynic.........Minus 6. :P

O.K., anybody who was contemplating entering, now's the time!!

Competition deadline extended until Saturday for all the ditherers, if entries aren't into double figures by cut-off time at midnight then it's cancelled. :laugh::cool:

It's not that bad surely? :laugh:

OUT:-

Lee Peacock

Tommy Doherty

1 prize defender (D. Coles probably - but not hopefully, Matt Hill - possible - but not hopefully)

IN:-

Marcus Stewart

Liam Lawrence

Paul Hefferman

OUT:-

Lee Peacock

Tommy Doherty

Danny Coles

all reluctantly but can't see Lee P signing a new reduced contract and if reasonable offers come in for Danny and Tommy then career wise they would have to go and the board would probably sell!

IN:-

Marcus Stewart

Richie Wellens

Liam Lawrence

all would be excellent additions to the squad, but would be surprised to see as many as 3 come in.

Cheers rose, bobby and Private Cider, predictions noted, now we're getting somewhere. :cool:

rose, you'll need to actually nominate one of the defenders by name.

Private Cider - if Sekani Simpson goes out on loan, he'd still be a City player for the purposes of this comp.

3 players to come in, 3 players to have been signed by other clubs on a permanent basis.

I reckon there's going to be a transfer scramble at the club once Tinman gets back, we'll see. :laugh:

OK here goes -

Out

Lee Peacock

Tommy Doherty

Sekkani Simpson back to forrest green on loan

In

Marcus Stewart

Tommy Mooney

Luke Beckett

Private Cider - if Sekani Simpson goes out on loan, he'd still be a City player for the purposes of this comp.

Players Out

Lee Peacock

Tommy Doherty

Darren Hawkins

Players In

Marcus Stewart

Paul Heffernan

Luke Beckett

Archived