IGNORED

Half And Half Scarfs

Posset red

Anyone who bought one should be automatically banned from every football stadium worldwide

This. Horrendous things. Street sellers unfortunately the reason in them being seen more and more. Bet half of them don't even have traders licences

The MK Dons/Wimbledon was perhaps the worst I've ever seen.

Any adult who buys one for any game other than an actual cup final needs to get their head checked!

What if I got one for the Chelsea v Steaua Bucharest game that I took my Steaua supporting Romanian mate to go see for his birthday, because Chelsea are the British team he follows?

I mean, I do need to get my head checked, but for very different reasons.

Hate them with a passion, quite satisfying to see so many people ignoring the sellers and donning a free scarf once in the ground. Infact I only saw to people wearing one, a boy aged around 6 and a separate man in his mid 40's.

I don't care if the half/half scarfs had been free either, I'd never bring myself to wear one. Thank God the club didn't get that wrong and attempt this.

photo-thumb-317.jpg?_r=0

• Members
  • 7890 posts

Posted Today, 06:08 PM

Anyone old enough to remember "pirate" poigrams, for big cup games ?

• Members
  • 7890 posts

Posted Today, 06:08 PM

Anyone old enough to remember "pirate" poigrams, for big cup games ?

I remember pirate programs! Me & my dad got conned into buying 2 when City played Southampton in the cup in the 70's. Had to then shell out again for the genuine ones. Still got both versions!

Why would anyone, City or WHAM, want to wear a half and half scarf?

Now if we were in a Champions League game against Barca, Real or Bayern, that might be worth commemorating. But West Ham? No.

No it wouldn't. There is no need, full stop.

No it wouldn't. There is no need, full stop.

Not this, but this.

"This", because: I don't understand why those who are so against it feel it would be acceptable if it was a cup final or against a "big team".

a) If your argument involves the words "everything that is wrong about modern football", then deciding it's fine for a cup final or against a "big team" falls under that category. The very nature of labelling a team as a "big team" goes some way to falling under that category, but then basing a commercial product on it puts the final nail in the coffin.

b) Suggesting that you don't want anything that is related to the other team around your neck because you only care what your team is doing should be a BIGGER reason at a cup final, or against a "big team". Those are the games you REALLY want your team to win, and you should be EXTRA passionate about.

"Not this", however, because I think there can be a need. Well, not so much a "need", but a valid reason. Whether it's the one I gave above, or two parents who support different teams trying to introduce their offspring to football by taking them along to the relevant match (this would be even more fitting if it's parents of different nationalities), there could be an understandable reason.

But picking and choosing which games it's acceptable to do it, while lambasting those who pick and choose in a slightly different way just doesn't make any sense to me.

In fact, I can understand someone who buys them at every single game (be it for some sort of collection or whatever) better than someone who buys it when they play at Old Trafford but has a go at the person who buys one at Fleetwood.

Pezo can have a city-willem scarf. No probs with that. We're not playing them in a competitive match anytime soon. Good club links too and no prob with a friendly v Willem and fans sharing.

Competitive 4th round fa cup match vs a team we've generally disliked in our history. Wrong wrong wrong.

Ok, so there can be a valid reason.

I'm with you on today's match, I would definitely not go near a City-West Ham scarf.

And I agree there is no "universal" reason, shall we say, to ever get one. (ie it's a big game)

But there can be personal ones, and I'm not gonna begrudge anyone that.

(Plus, surely sole traders selling scarves that may take away from the "big business" of "modern football" is potentially better than lining the pockets of the "suits"...?  :shifty: )

Hate them with a passion, quite satisfying to see so many people ignoring the sellers and donning a free scarf once in the ground. Infact I only saw to people wearing one, a boy aged around 6 and a separate man in his mid 40's.

I don't care if the half/half scarfs had been free either, I'd never bring myself to wear one. Thank God the club didn't get that wrong and attempt this.

Unfortunately one shown a few minutes into MOTD as a lad was seen wearing one as the players came into ground.

Archived