IGNORED

Sakho-Gate?

cityexile

Worth a thread I suppose, but cannot get that excited by it.

As background, West Ham advised Senegal at the last moment he could not take part in the African Cup as he was injured for three to five weeks. They have moaned to FIFA, that he should not be playing in the West Ham team for that time, as they should have had first call on him.

Fergie pulled this trick all the time, but I suppose its just in the bounds of possibility that FIFA get involved, and they do like to keep the African Federation happy?

Just seen the other thread. Merge?

What is clear, is that if he was selected for the squad, then injured, he could not play for WHam during the comp. However, as here he was not selected as he was injured, I suspect they are ok. It does not help W Ham however as they refused. Senegal doctor to see him.

I think the player should play wherever and whenever he wants too. He obviously sees West Ham as his priority, that should be all FIFA need to know.

In many ways I agree. It is however very clear that is not how it works. National teams get priority.

Whatever the outcome of an alleged investigation, I hope that the result stands - we were beaten fairly and squarely on the day - for ***** sake I pray we don't go on like those moaning biatches across the river and their Wycombe game.

Better to lose with dignity, than whinge to all and sundry.

Talk about clutching at straws.

Whatever the outcome of an alleged investigation, I hope that the result stands - we were beaten fairly and squarely on the day - for ***** sake I pray we don't go on like those moaning biatches across the river and their Wycombe game.

Better to lose with dignity, than whinge to all and sundry.

I think you will find this between wham and Senegal and FIFA, it has nothing whatsoever to do with us, so why try to whip it up as if it is?.

I think you will find this between wham and Senegal and FIFA, it has nothing whatsoever to do with us, so why try to whip it up as if it is?.

In many ways agreed. What it had to do with us, is if upheld, it means in effect thay played an ineligible player today...against us!

Leaving this now, as was purely sharing for info, rather than trying it on. Very happy with the performance today, and pleased we can get back to the league.

How the **** am I trying to whip it up????

I would have thought the last sentence says it all, I hope the results stands as well, but this has and does have nothing to do with us whatsoever, we will not even have a say in the matter one way or the other, but if it wham are sanctioned in any way we won't be part of the lynch mob because it's nothing to do with us, we will not complain.

I would have thought the last sentence says it all, I hope the results stands as well, but this has and does have nothing to do with us whatsoever, we will not even have a say in the matter one way or the other, but if it wham are sanctioned in any way we won't be part of the lynch mob because it's nothing to do with us, we will not complain.

In which case, I agree with you

What about if the south stand gates also led to a further gate to a gated community of apartments.

Ashton gate gate gate gated gate.

Owned by Bill Gates. Sublet to Gareth Gates. Then it would be, er, umm, Ashton Gate to the power of six. Or something. I've actually lost count.

Particularly if it was about the supplier of the gates for the new South Stand.

Ashton Gate Gate Gate

What about if the south stand gates also led to a further gate to a gated community of apartments.

Ashton gate gate gate gated gate.

Owned by Bill Gates. Sublet to Gareth Gates. Then it would be, er, umm, Ashton Gate to the power of six. Or something. I've actually lost count.

With so many gate posts I'm surprised nobody's taken a fence.

:)

And I should sincerely hope not.

In any event, I am sure that, if WHU are found 'guilty' of anything, they would simply be fined by FIFA - it would (quite rightly) be seen as crass for BCFC to contemplate even raising the issue.

And I should sincerely hope not.

In any event, I am sure that, if WHU are found 'guilty' of anything, they would simply be fined by FIFA - it would (quite rightly) be seen as crass for BCFC to contemplate even raising the issue.

Would be fun to confiscate their 'bubble-machine' by way of compensation though!

(we'd secretly love to have WH's bubble-machine at the Gate wouldn't we? .. spec's permitting ;) )

Would be fun to confiscate their 'bubble-machine' by way of compensation though!

(we'd secretly love to have WH's bubble-machine at the Gate wouldn't we? .. spec's permitting ;) )

If we can't get one, we could all shake cans of Strongbow...

Archived