IGNORED

Pacey Striker

Esmond Million's Bung

I hope we don't abandon our very recent policy of only signing players we actually want, fit the philosophy and are of the quality of recent signings and not slip back into panicking ourselves into the sort of signings that have been far too much of the norm for us, especially with strikers.

and if that striker is not out there, IMO go with what we've got.

But hopefully that striker is very much out there.

People underestimate how much work JET put in today supporting the midfield and Smith as the striker he is could not have been replaced.

We just didn't make the grade today, Agard is good enough to be 'that' striker, we've made do since his and Wilbraham's injury quite well.

Don't panic

Interesting, as only followed it on the box, but JET seemed fit, hard working, but a bit ineffectual today. In fairness, at our current level, we normally are able to get more midfielders in their box when attacking that helps covering it. I can see why Cotts seems to have had a preference to play one of JET or Fielding when everyone is fit, but with JETs current league form, not sure what he will do if Agard is now back.

Personally, would leave it as it is for now, with Agard on the bench as an option and see how it pans out.

Interesting, as only followed it on the box, but JET seemed fit, hard working, but a bit ineffectual today. In fairness, at our current level, we normally are able to get more midfielders in their box when attacking that helps covering it. I can see why Cotts seems to have had a preference to play one of JET or Fielding when everyone is fit, but with JETs current league form, not sure what he will do if Agard is now back.

Personally, would leave it as it is for now, with Agard on the bench as an option and see how it pans out.

Well I haven't seen frankie fielding in the CAM role, but I suppose he has the build for it. Come to think of it, JET might be alright for taking crosses at his height!

We have scored 48 goals 3rd highest in the league only 5 behind MK, obviously when Smith goes back we will need another but not sure what all the fuss is about because we failed to score against one of the tightest defences in the country.

With +26 GD and 3rd most scored in the league, why start a thread like this?!

We'll need to improve IF we go up, but have been more than adequate so far.

But on merit, it's about time there was a 'pacey striker' thread. Especially as we haven't has a 'creative midfielder' thread for a while.

But on merit, it's about time there was a 'pacey striker' thread. Especially as we haven't has a 'creative midfielder' thread for a while.

I started a 'thread like this' to counter some of the comments stating that with 'a pacey striker' we might/would have won yesterday + the comments saying we have needed 'a pacey striker' for sometime, for what it's worth i'm with you, which should have been apparent had you read the OP and not just the thread title.

I said only sign one if it's the 'right' one and not one just for the sake of it, I also said on a previous thread how many teams could have coped in the way that we have losing 2 in form strikers for the amount of time that we have.

I started a 'thread like this' to counter some of the comments stating that with 'a pacey striker' we might/would have won yesterday + the comments saying we have needed 'a pacey striker' for sometime, for what it's worth i'm with you, which should have been apparent had you read the OP and not just the thread title.

I said only sign one if it's the 'right' one and not one just for the sake of it, I also said on a previous thread how many teams could have coped in the way that we have losing 2 in form strikers for the amount of time that we have.

Fair comment.

It would be worth mentioning that yesterday we saw how much we are able to cope with 'good' sides. The starting XI, plus a couple on the bench could step it up next season.

The future looks good - pending player retention.

Fair comment.

It would be worth mentioning that yesterday we saw how much we are able to cope with 'good' sides. The starting XI, plus a couple on the bench could step it up next season.

The future looks good - pending player retention.

indeed and ongoing quality recruitment.

The only thing missing yesterday was the final ball and at times wrong option taken by Freeman and JET and that is not a criticism because they both played well, it just didn't work yesterday on most days this season it has worked admirably and will continue to do so.

Because although we have been doing great, so have Swindle and MKD, and 3 into 2 doesn't go. We need to make sure we make the top two and if that means a tactical signing of a pacey striker to see us over the line we should go for it. Not do like we did under GJ and end up missing out then getting beat in the lottery of the play-offs.

He wouldn't get on the bench here.

We went for over a month with no striker on the bench. The lad should have been back here. Cotterril was lauding him last season. Won't give a chance this season even though he has bagged 2.

He will go the way of others if not given a chance. And the last month was a great chance. I do not understand the managers thinking on this one.

Because although we have been doing great, so have Swindle and MKD, and 3 into 2 doesn't go. We need to make sure we make the top two and if that means a tactical signing of a pacey striker to see us over the line we should go for it. Not do like we did under GJ and end up missing out then getting beat in the lottery of the play-offs.

I've got to say that we have 4 options and all are scoring and setting up goals. 4 would be enough, especially with our depth in quality.

Archived