IGNORED

If We Spent As Much Time On The Atmosphere.....

Jesus

It was a great atmosphere, great in all stands. Loads more joining in than usual, don't really know why but people just did it. My voice isn't good today.

It did help that there was a stand out player to direct songs and chants at, many were really good and funny. But the best song I heard when Wham began sing 'wembley' just after they scored was the Eastenders singing something like, 'johnstones paint trophy, you'll never win that' and much of the ground joining in. A class moment.

The only regret was that we never got o cheer a goal, I think I would have felt the famous Dolman shake once more.

The 250 or so who regularly sing in the Williams, but get lambasted by every other tucker on here, sang just as much as they usually do.

Question is - Why don't the other 12,000 join in every week like they did today?

I'm fed up of people slagging off the old East end group. We try every tucking week. If everyone else did what they did today on a regular basis there'd be no "lack of atmos" threads.

Wise up the 12,000. Stop blaming the 250, and take some tucking responsibility.

Only heard 2 or 3 songs from that area during the whole game (when no other stands were singing)...?

The atmosphere at English grounds is dire more or less everywhere you go nowadays. Ill be totally honest watching on TV it sounded no better or worse than Derby v Forest did last week and that is a supposed 'big' local derby..

What did i have to be honest look shite is the lack of standing, people will argue and what not but to see pretty much every city fan sat for large periods straight away as a neutral make you think less of the atmosphere..

Agree. I was sat in Lower Atyeo near away fans, I usually stand in Williams with singers. At one point about 20-30 people right next to me stood up for a corner I think, or posibly just a chance on goal, anyway I stand up as well so I can see and a kid behind me who was about 16 tapped my shoulder and told me to sit down! Ridiculous! Think they were ST holders in that section which of course gives them the right to dish out advice regarding social norms. I certainly was not gonna sit on my arse with no view of the game.

Having said that I enjoyed the atmosphere in the Atyeo. First time I'd sat there for about 10 years.

Agree. I was sat in Lower Atyeo near away fans, I usually stand in Williams with singers. At one point about 20-30 people right next to me stood up for a corner I think, or posibly just a chance on goal, anyway I stand up as well so I can see and a kid behind me who was about 16 tapped my shoulder and told me to sit down! Ridiculous! Think they were ST holders in that section which of course gives them the right to dish out advice regarding social norms. I certainly was not gonna sit on my arse with no view of the game.

Having said that I enjoyed the atmosphere in the Atyeo. First time I'd sat there for about 10 years.

Too be honest everyone stands up in the Atyeo when there is a corner or chance of goal. If the people at the front stand up we can't see further up. It's all part of the excitement though, jumping up and down 

Too be honest everyone stands up in the Atyeo when there is a corner or chance of goal. If the people at the front stand up we can't see further up. It's all part of the excitement though, jumping up and down 

Exactly mate.

What do you mean if the people at the front stand up we can't see further up? Surely if everyone gets up everyone has the same view no?

What exactly did you reply to him? If a kid of 16 tapped me on the shoulder and asked me to sit down........ :shutup:

What exactly did you reply to him? If a kid of 16 tapped me on the shoulder and asked me to sit down........ :shutup:

Ha my thoughts exactly..

The sitting standing issue has been debated long and hard on here recently and everyone has there own view on it, personally as i said watching on tv it always looks like the crowd is more up for it when large sections are stood up.

By and large the Atyeo has always been a stand that has sat down though, fair enough but as people have said its going to be interesting if people from the Atyeo move into the new east end with this attitude

Haha I was just a bit bemused by it because he was a young lad tapping me frantically as if it was an emergency.. think I just gave him a stare & carried on standing with everyone else during the excitement. He disappeared second half  :thumbsup:

;

A company not a club.

Some of us where here before Mr L.

Well before.

There is no need for BS to put their bum print everywhere.

A real WE didn't do that.

You really need to move on, acquiring a football club and then making it into a going concern requires change.

Life is about change, SL is dragging this club upwards, I suggest you either join him on the journey.... Or buy him out

Exactly mate.

What do you mean if the people at the front stand up we can't see further up? Surely if everyone gets up everyone has the same view no?

I thought that but there are quite a few old people who can't keep jumping up and down, and children who can't see. So I try not to stand up too often, but sometimes it can't be helped!

You really need to move on, acquiring a football club and then making it into a going concern requires change.

Life is about change, SL is dragging this club upwards, I suggest you either join him on the journey.... Or buy him out

Don't think you are really getting the concerns that many have in losing our identity, of course we need to grow, but at what cost? Do we really expect that this club can be a success in the Prem, Europe? I don't really think so, there is just not the passion for football in the City, and those that want to attach themselves to a club much prefer the brand Liverpool or Man U, witness shirt sales.

Don't think you are really getting the concerns that many have in losing our identity, of course we need to grow, but at what cost? Do we really expect that this club can be a success in the Prem, Europe? I don't really think so, there is just not the passion for football in the City, and those that want to attach themselves to a club much prefer the brand Liverpool or Man U, witness shirt sales.

at the moment yes. When we get promoted it will change

The 250 or so who regularly sing in the Williams, but get lambasted by every other tucker on here, sang just as much as they usually do.

Question is - Why don't the other 12,000 join in every week like they did today?

I'm fed up of people slagging off the old East end group. We try every tucking week. If everyone else did what they did today on a regular basis there'd be no "lack of atmos" threads.

Wise up the 12,000. Stop blaming the 250, and take some tucking responsibility.

Have to say, though, watching it on the Beeb, the only atmos that came across was scarf waving. Even the yelling of 'w*nker, w*nker, w*nker...' didn't come over all that strongly.

I have to say, though, I think the Atyeo has been singing up a bit more in recent games, since the furore over PNE fans being all noisy and spotty... (it certainly wouldn't have anything to do with a certain article in a certain fanzine imploring said stand to crank up the volume!!!)

It's all Billingham's fault - he brought it up. Didn't see/hear him singing. (Forget the fact I have no idea what he looks like).

Archived