IGNORED

Match Of The Day - Utter Tripe

Lack of Action Man

I watched it earlier and thought the Kilbane was excellent, and not just because he called the game as I saw it pointing out that Noble had nullified Freeman and that they started to press higher up the pitch after the substitution, but because he had lots of interesting points to make and made them in an interesting way. Brotherton's commentary was good too, but then I always liked him on 5live too.

I thought the funniest bit was when SteveL was talking to the female pitch side presenter before kick off about Bristol Sport set up. She explained how Bristol City, Bristol Academy (being in the girls Champions league), Bristol Rugby, Bristol basketball, & even a racing driver, She then said "I bet Bristol Rover's feel left out?" SteveL just gave a rye smile.

Just watched the so called expert analysis of our match today and suprise suprise west ham have been portrayed as world beaters and us as an ugly physical long ball side.

What game were these pundits watching? Or is our football team that unfashionable that it is unacceptable to praise what was an outstanding team footballing effort today against a lacklustre, boring hammers team?

Additionally, having gone into super fine detail regarding the Carroll possible handball, I believe that you can see the motion of the stripes on the ball change before Carroll heads it - no way it could've been given in real time, but another way of looking at how lucky they were today.

Now I've got that off my chest, how awesome was stead versus Chelsea? Wow!

Maybe they didn't use the words ugly or physical but they couldn't conceal their surprise at a little old League One team 'playing football' including - get this - defenders who could hit a pass and dribble. They hitherto didn't know that happened outside the world-beating, self-fellating Premiersh*t.

https://thenatchwall.wordpress.com/ for more pops at the BBC

Thought the exact same, Kilbane especially seemed to have a lot of knowledge on our team.

Agreed, Kilbane had clearly done his homework. Only thing I disagreed with was that Korey Smith didn't make the MOTM short list.

I've watched the whole live programme now and I have to say I thought the coverage of our team was very fair and complimentary. Lineker in particular mentioned numerous times that we seemed to be a club on the up, with recognition of the building project, etc, etc. I thought we came across really well.

Agreed, Kilbane had clearly done his homework. Only thing I disagreed with was that Korey Smith didn't make the MOTM short list.

I've watched the whole live programme now and I have to say I thought the coverage of our team was very fair and complimentary. Lineker in particular mentioned numerous times that we seemed to be a club on the up, with recognition of the building project, etc, etc. I thought we came across really well.

It was all really impressive and positive on the whole just the result was lacking but I would rather focus on Auto Promotion.

I thought Parkinson summed it up well when he said wagstaff is not a wing back.

I've said this all year!!

You've not been the only one saying or thinking that boss.   

In his pre-match interview Allardyce talked about exploiting our weaknesses and that is exactly what they did to win.  

On the issue of MOTD, what struck me was the number of people working on the programme as well as about 5 large lorries.  That is where my licence fee goes.  Will be interested in comparing this to Sky's team for Thursday night.  

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/168185850_1/Best_Beef_Honeycomb_Tripe.jpg

Tripe (honeycomb) for those less ITK than the rest of us... Tripe = stomach of cows, pigs or sheep.

(takes a certain amount of guts for TV pundits to criticise teams/players/managers/clubs because every time it upsets numerous unknown people (total strangers) many of whom will, for life, be holding grudges, even irrational hostile dislike of that particular pundit based on one or two long forgotten throw away comments made about a football match on TV)

Don't underestimate the power of tripe.

Archived