IGNORED

Dolman Early Leavers

42nite

And then they applauded the Dolmanites :)

Sorry Aiz I may well have had a brain fart and completely missed the point in which case I will be fully deserving of a wooshy over the head type but I read it as you having your own brain fart and saying Gas in the Williams?

I can never get my head round why people leave early . This can sometimes be the most crucial part of the game ,and you have paid a lot of well earnt money to save on a few minutes in a traffic jam !!

I need to rush back to my car to listen to the fantastic twentyman talks back at 5 o'clock.

Good enough for you ?

Don't get all this, it's a free world and people can do what they like.

If they want to leave early to get back to their car, that's their choice.

If they want to leave early to grab a pint, that's their choice.

If they want to leave early for some other excuse, that's their choice.

They've paid there money, If they don't want to get their whole moneys worth that's up to them.

They leave early and it blocks peoples view of the game and its bloody annoying

I think those that leave early are a bit mad, unless they have a valid reason, but I can't understand why this thread keeps popping up every few months. They've paid their money and if they want to miss a few minutes that's there choice.

There are plenty of others who have missed far more. For example, when away fans were in the Wedlock there were always a lot of City fans who spent most of the match looking and shouting at the away fans. They missed far more of the match than the Dolman early leavers. Then there are those that leave early from other stands, but are not as obvious as they don't have to go to the front. Plus those who regularly arrive late and cause inconvenience to others.

I think those that leave early are a bit mad, unless they have a valid reason, but I can't understand why this thread keeps popping up every few months. They've paid their money and if they want to miss a few minutes that's there choice.

There are plenty of others who have missed far more. For example, when away fans were in the Wedlock there were always a lot of City fans who spent most of the match looking and shouting at the away fans. They missed far more of the match than the Dolman early leavers. Then there are those that leave early from other stands, but are not as obvious as they don't have to go to the front. Plus those who regularly arrive late and cause inconvenience to others.

Pongo, I am disappointed.

I must say, though, that I agree wholeheartedly with your post.

What never ceases to amaze me, is the 'fan leaders' in some foreign stadia who appear to spend the whole match with their back to the game in order to lead the singing/chanting.

But, as you say, they have paid their money....

I think it is a wise idea to leave games early.

On Sunday it was particularly busy. With the replay secured I left with ten minutes to play.

I will probably leave Upton Park before the end too as the tubes will probably be busy.

Has anyone heard when tickets go on sale?

I was watching on the telly and could not believe them leaving early at half time and full time, with the game so closely balanced.

Maybe the half-time thing is down to the inadequate catering/toilets in the Dolman. I haven't sat there for a season or two but last time I did, you literally couldn't queue for the toilet AND the food stand and still hope to catch the start of the second half.

What people tend to forget is that most early leavers don't actually miss any of the match, it still take a while to get out even if you leave a little bit earlier. I sit at the back of the upper Dolman and start to leave a minute or so early, if you are at the bottom of the steps as the whistle goes it's not too bad but if you wait till the end it take 15 minutes to get out.

At half time if you don't get to the toilet or bar before the whistle goes you will almost certainly miss the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half, swings and roundabouts.

Hopefull all will improve when the new exists are in place.

What people tend to forget is that most early leavers don't actually miss any of the match, it still take a while to get out even if you leave a little bit earlier. I sit at the back of the upper Dolman and start to leave a minute or so early, if you are at the bottom of the steps as the whistle goes it's not too bad but if you wait till the end it take 15 minutes to get out.

At half time if you don't get to the toilet or bar before the whistle goes you will almost certainly miss the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half, swings and roundabouts.

Hopefull all will improve when the new exists are in place.

No they don't, it's the rest of us still in our seats who can't see past you that miss the match.

No they don't, it's the rest of us still in our seats who can't see past you that miss the match.

Exactly!

Trouble is, as far as I can tell, the new exits will be in the lower Dolman? Therefore the slow, steady stream of early leavers still watching the match to the detriment of those still in their seats will continue

I'm not sure this problem will go away unless exits are installed in the upper Dolman as well.

Exactly!

Trouble is, as far as I can tell, the new exits will be in the lower Dolman? Therefore the slow, steady stream of early leavers still watching the match to the detriment of those still in their seats will continue

I'm not sure this problem will go away unless exits are installed in the upper Dolman as well.

The exits will be between the upper and lower dolman. I'm pretty sure that there will no longer be a walkway at the front of the stand - therefore nowhere for people left to hang around.

Get up and start moving then and watch on the move,

You honestly think that's the solution? I have to leave my seat early just so you can get away a bit sooner?

My four year old son seems to think the world revolves around him, I'll correct him tonight and tell him it actually revolves around running man and his precious extra 15 minutes that he needs to save.

I understand why people do it, but it doesn't make it look any less embarrassing. The most embarrassing is when we're about to record a comfortable victory and half the stand has emptied before FT.

"Is there a fire drill" is the normal chant from the away section...

Maybe Bristol Sport will take a look into this 'embarrassment factor' and deem it to be not part of their desired culture. Expect to be chained to your seat until the final whistle blows. Bristol Sport simply can't be having this sort of thing.

Archived