IGNORED

Ernie The Angry Robin - Bristol Sport

WTMS

The characters of Ashton Alf and Eastville Ernie were created by a guy called Bob Bennett at Evening Post. He did a cartoon of the Saturday match played in Bristol so alternated between City and Rovers.

He was also Uncle Bob who ran the Post's Pillar Box Club for children.

And he was the father of the late Roger Bennett of Radio Bristol fame.

So humorous alternatives to that word "ultras"?

Ashton Alf's

The Angry Robins

Big John's Army

Gow's Guerillas

Interesting and could well be used by fans in some format to celebrate history.

There was a chap years ago who stood on a box on the pitch, who was he? i have a picture somewhere and will have a look..

Ever seen robins fight in your garden? They are very territorial birds and quite aggressive to other avians. I believe if they could pull a facial expression, it would be like Eastend Ernie.

Who I love as a logo incidentally.

Indeed. Some of the silliest comments I've read on OTIB (and, believe me, that's saying a lot) have been from people don't want a robin as our logo because they think they're fluffy little tweety-pies. They're not. They're aggressive little buggers :boxing:

I'm genuinely sorry for those who haven't watched them in the feather, so to speak.

Indeed. Some of the silliest comments I've read on OTIB (and, believe me, that's saying a lot) have been from people don't want a robin as our logo because they think they're fluffy little tweety-pies. They're not. They're aggressive little buggers :boxing:

I'm genuinely sorry for those who haven't watched them in the feather, so to speak.

We can't possibly have a Robin logo!! Robins have right wings

Ever seen robins fight in your garden? They are very territorial birds and quite aggressive to other avians. I believe if they could pull a facial expression, it would be like Eastend Ernie.

Who I love as a logo incidentally.

We have a pair in our garden, they seem quite happy to eat together.....something I've not seen before. Maybe BS got to them first and is trying to get them to change their ways before considering having a robin back on our badge.....

We have a pair in our garden, they seem quite happy to eat together.....something I've not seen before. Maybe BS got to them first and is trying to get them to change their ways before considering having a robin back on our badge.....

Male and female?  

We have two, but the big boy who will follow me around the garden beds if I'm digging will always drive off the slightly tinier fella who sits on the back fence.

That's 'cos male Robins and female robins look the same, contrary to popular belief, they both have the red breast. They are a pair who will fight to the death with other unwelcome robins.

This takes me back to when we were going to play Palace in the playoffs and I was arguing with a Palace fan on here that our feisty Robin would see of his poser Eagle any day!

Wtms - not worthy of your efforts mate. Ultimately they don't care either way what you / I or east end think. Probably prefer it, they get a sanitised ground with lots of people who turn up, sit in silence and go home. Easy

Presumably you are being ironic, otherwise you would be talking out of your arse.

Male and female?  

We have two, but the big boy who will follow me around the garden beds if I'm digging will always drive off the slightly tinier fella who sits on the back fence.

That's 'cos male Robins and female robins look the same, contrary to popular belief, they both have the red breast. They are a pair who will fight to the death with other unwelcome robins.

This takes me back to when we were going to play Palace in the playoffs and I was arguing with a Palace fan on here that our feisty Robin would see of his poser Eagle any day!

How does one tell the difference?

Remember having two, presumably males, in my parents garden 20 odd years ago, they fought like buggers

Another..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yes.

Regarding another fans initiative created by the effort of supporters including children.

Supporters who can be found found on matchday, which would rule yourself out.

Effort requires attendance.

Archived