IGNORED

Forza

cider head

Many flags/banners bare that word and before they start on that,, it means!!!

The literal meaning of "forza" is "strength" to and "force" to.

May the forza = force be with you.. forza = strength to our team.

But when it's an exclamation, it means "go". It's mainly used to cheer or encourage.

Forza! = Go!

;)

You can bet BS would rather the Forza flags weren't in the ground.

Yeah, because people watching might see the letter 'z' and that could remind them of the word 'Nazi'

Wouldn't want the watching masses to think we're all one of them, would we

And there's a 'r', which is also in the word 'September', which is when the 'Ultra' flags started the pitch invasions against R*vers

I'm with BS on this one, way too many connections with bad things

Yeah, because people watching might see the letter 'z' and that could remind them of the word 'Nazi'

And there's a 'r', which is also in the word 'September', which is when the 'Ultra' flags started the pitch invasions against R*vers

Joking aside. I think the management believe any organisation of the fans is likely to lead to testosterone-filled anarchy. 

They feel any layer of identity beyond the club itself is fundamentally outside of their control and so is unwelcome.

Joking aside. I think the management believe any organisation of the fans is likely to lead to testosterone-filled anarchy. 

They feel any layer of identity beyond the club itself is fundamentally outside of their control and so is unwelcome.

I think someone said it on the main thread - but is this starting to feel a little bit like North Korea to anyone else!?

Many flags/banners bare that word and before they start on that,, it means!!!

The literal meaning of "forza" is "strength" to and "force" to.

May the forza = force be with you.. forza = strength to our team.

But when it's an exclamation, it means "go". It's mainly used to cheer or encourage.

Forza! = Go!

;)

Why a foreign word?

" Red Force" ?

I don't undestand the need to copy a word used by clubs all over the continent, it's slightly ironic as so many new chants (instead of the ones about our non league neighbours) are turned down for 'not being original' yet it's fine to be a sheep when it comes to labelling the fans in the 'singing section'

To be fair the word was dropped by some lads in the Eastend for a more local, wurzel, cider feel hense the When the moon shines and ernie robin (ernie used by adge cutler as a lyric) and singing more local traditional songs.. some may not like that but it's choice.

But that does not mean the choice should be taken away for those who like the term Forza.

You missed out the obvious one - Forza Italia is Silvio Berlusconi's political party.

Down with this sort of thing.

Archived