IGNORED

Major World Events That Have Occurred Since Your First City Match

Lack of Action Man

This season marks the 11th anniversary of my having season tickets at fortress Ashton, which had me thinking about how much the world has changed in that space of time. For example, the concept of a touch screen phone would've been laughed at in 03/04 but is now common place.

Off the top of my head the following has taken place since my first game:

1) England win the rugby world cup

2) The beginning and end of the Iraq war

3) Obama wins 2 consecutive terms of office

4) The UK suffers it's worst recession since the early 90s from 2008-2011

5) Them Royal folks got married

So, over to you guys and girls. The more obscure the better!

The fall of the Berlin Wall .

The end of apartheid in South Africa.

Home computers ;

The rise and fall of Fax machines.

Portable phones .

The wheel...

I once remember going to goonhilly as a kid and they had an open fax connection to America there. So we sent a simple hello written on a piece of paper. We received a crudely drawn phallus back.

Fax machines eh. Nostalgia!

I once remember going to goonhilly as a kid and they had an open fax connection to America there. So we sent a simple hello written on a piece of paper. We received a crudely drawn phallus back.

Fax machines eh. Nostalgia!

Aaah!Nostalgia. it ain't what it used to be!

By the end of next year EVERY STAND will have been replaced :(  really wish they hadn't bothered and left it as it was back in `66 proper football and not just on the pitch. :drunk2:  :banana:  :dancing2:  :mafia:

Since I attended my first City game, Michael Owen has been born, developed into a teenage prodigy at Liverpool, alienating Everton and Manchester United fans in the process, played for England, failed to break the all time scoring record, twanged his hamstrings many times, left for Real Madrid, alienating Liverpool fans in the process, [allegedly] blew a fortune on the horses, transferred to Newcastle United and then Manchester United, alienating Man City fans in the process with an injury time winner the derby, retired from the game and is now as dull a pundit as you can imagine, alienating most fans of other clubs.

Archived