IGNORED

Warchest From Wembley

Major Isewater

Far from it, I remember reading that an average club who gets to the JPT Final...over the course of the tournament, pretty much breaks even. The earlier rounds they make a loss due to small crowds, travelling, costs etc

You believe that do you..?

I would guess we made about 1/2 million from FA Cup and will make about 1/2 million from Wembley.

Sorry, thought we were just talking about the JPT

The JPT, over the course of the tournament....we wont make much out of

Sorry I don't agree, we have already had revenue from two JPT ties live on Sky, the Cheltenham game and last nights game as well. We will also get money from Sky showing the final. Also a percentage of the Wembley gate receipts on a crowd of well over 50,000 , then there's all the merchandise that goes with these special Wembley games, so to say we wont make much out of the JPT is way off the mark

You believe that do you..?

I would guess we made about 1/2 million from FA Cup and will make about 1/2 million from Wembley.

I saw something before we beat doncaster that The winner would make 210k from the FA cup televised game, and I very much doubt we made 300k from the previous rounds.

If they gave a decent amount out for winning the JPT and something for the runner up then maybe clubs might take it more seriously but when the FL are only putting as little as they can into the competiton of course its just going to be ****. The FL can moan about clubs not taking it seriously but don't want to try and raise the profile of the tournament, what do they expect.

I guess the problem with it is there's nothing to be gained from winning it. I'd guess offer prize money aswell as something abit more creative? Maybe a bye for the finalists to the 3rd round of the FA cup or something?

If a club both wins it and gets promotion then award the bye to another club based on something else? sportsmanship/fair play or something?

Anyway they could made it better if they wanted to, its no FA cup, it never will be but improve it or get rid I reckon.

Archived