IGNORED

Survey Results Are In

Blagdon red

Interesting.I thought the survey would show those kind of results,but not quite in those large percentages.A great opportunity for the club to act in the interest of these supporters.Let's hope they take this on board.The people have spoken Mr Billingham.If you want the atmosphere,there it is in black and white!COYR.Great job done in organizing this BR.

Seriously please leave this ridiculous notation of a singing section alone.

Never before have I heard such bollocks until the suits from BullShit Sport rode into town and started spouting this crap.

It's really not that difficult.

It's called family sections. They have been around for years. That is what needs to be catered for.

Is it really so difficult to have reserved areas in between unreserved and boisterous area's and a family areas? People with disabilities have been well catered for and prawn sandwich brigade have an entire stand.

I guess the way they are going at the moment they wont have to cater for any of us racist, faciest neo nazi type hooligans soon. Good riddance to us c u next Tuesdays in all.

Seriously please leave this ridiculous notation of a singing section alone.

Never before have I heard such bollocks until the suits from BullShit Sport rode into town and started spouting this crap.

It's really not that difficult.

It's called family sections. They have been around for years. That is what needs to be catered for.

Is it really so difficult to have reserved areas in between unreserved and boisterous area's and a family areas? People with disabilities have been well catered for and prawn sandwich brigade have an entire stand.

I guess the way they are going at the moment they wont have to cater for any of us racist, faciest neo nazi type hooligans soon. Good riddance to us c u next Tuesdays in all.

nm

I don't understand the requirement for it being the cheapest area. Why? It will lead to people picking that area BECAUSE its the cheapest, not because its a standing/singing area.

I don't see how price has any relevance (if you want to go in that area, youll pay what it costs), but if anything it may cost more as the club may want extra stewarding / policing of that area?

Congratulations on a good and interesting exercise - obviously a lot of hard work has been done.

Could I ask a couple of questions re this survey?

1) Was it purely on line and how was it advertised?

2) Do you capture any information as to how frequently respondents actually attend games at Ashton Gate? (or are even real?)

3) Once the ground development is complete am sure that the club will want to attract many more regular supporters. Some of these will be brand new and others people who were previously supporters and have dropped out for some reason. Has any thought been given to widening the survey to include potential newbies?

The survey is of interest but -

Flags, street art etc.

77% would like a designated area in a singing section where flags can be hung up or laid out

75% would like a big flag surfed across a singing section

60% would like a designated area in a singing section for street art created by fans

58% would like to see lots of big flags on long poles in a singing section

People involved in creating the artwork Eastend were not part of a "singing section", the same applies for some of the flag owners, and those who raised money for the above which included the non vocal e.g families and children.

These ideas were linked to a communal space, and if it was linked solely to singing most of the above of it, or all would not have existed in the Eastend.

The survey is of interest but -

Flags, street art etc.

77% would like a designated area in a singing section where flags can be hung up or laid out

75% would like a big flag surfed across a singing section

60% would like a designated area in a singing section for street art created by fans

58% would like to see lots of big flags on long poles in a singing section

People involved in creating the artwork Eastend were not part of a "singing section", the same applies for some of the flag owners, and those who raised money for the above which included the non vocal e.g families and children.

These ideas were linked to a communal space, and if it was linked solely to singing most of the above of it, or all would not have existed in the Eastend.

Given the street art reputation of the city, I completely agree it shouldn't be restricted to a "singing area" and should embrace much of the concourse with the aim of becoming a significant feature of the city's street art scene.

Congratulations on a good and interesting exercise - obviously a lot of hard work has been done.

2) Do you capture any information as to how frequently respondents actually attend games at Ashton Gate? (or are even real?)

3) Once the ground development is complete am sure that the club will want to attract many more regular supporters. Some of these will be brand new and others people who were previously supporters and have dropped out for some reason. Has any thought been given to widening the survey to include potential newbies?

You have just given BS`s survey reply away :facepalm:

By the way how can you survey potential newbies as no-one knows who they are, just as well ask all of Bristol or all of GB as we are not all in Bristol.

Given the street art reputation of the city, I completely agree it shouldn't be restricted to a "singing area" and should embrace much of the concourse with the aim of becoming a significant feature of the city's street art scene.

Which is similar to the ideas behing the boards, murals, pub - stencils, stickers, Winterstoke wall that Bristol City becomes a small part of Bristol's urban arts scene.

The art and flags were linked to the demographic in the Eastend not any "singing area". There was no "singing area". Restricting these ideas to this notional "singing section" ignores why they existed.

Bristol Sport need to listen to the fans, for me this will be a big test to see how they react.

The overwhelming majority of fans have voted for what they would like to see happen, its now down to the decision makers to make it happen.

just out of interest how many people completed the survey and what percentage of our current fan base does it represent?

in my mind we have a golden opportunity to create a cracking stadium combined with a superb match day experience, that should include without hesitation an atmosphere that people want to be part of.

So many grounds around the country have become lifeless and pitiful, lets not go down the same road.

• SC&T Board Members

Question one is answered in the article on our website, so please forgive me for not repeating it here.

Question 2 was a specific element of the survey, asking roughly how many games fans attended per season (see the answers to Q24 here).

The survey will, we hope, have reached many people who are not regulars at the Gate (indeed over 25% come to less than half the games), so many will fall into the category of 'occasional customers' who Bristol Sport will be hoping to turn into season ticket holders. The aim of the survey was not, however, to investigate what might attract people who do not currently have any interest in City to the ground. That is something that, no doubt, Bristol Sport may wish to do themselves in due course.

• SC&T Board Members

Bristol Sport need to listen to the fans, for me this will be a big test to see how they react.

The overwhelming majority of fans have voted for what they would like to see happen, its now down to the decision makers to make it happen.

just out of interest how many people completed the survey and what percentage of our current fan base does it represent?

in my mind we have a golden opportunity to create a cracking stadium combined with a superb match day experience, that should include without hesitation an atmosphere that people want to be part of.

So many grounds around the country have become lifeless and pitiful, lets not go down the same road.

The survey was completed by 3,081 people, which equates to more than 1 in 4 City supporters in the average home league crowd this season (full details on our website and in the full report).

Question one is answered in the article on our website, so please forgive me for not repeating it here.

Question 2 was a specific element of the survey, asking roughly how many games fans attended per season (see the answers to Q24 here).

The survey will, we hope, have reached many people who are not regulars at the Gate (indeed over 25% come to less than half the games), so many will fall into the category of 'occasional customers' who Bristol Sport will be hoping to turn into season ticket holders. The aim of the survey was not, however, to investigate what might attract people who do not currently have any interest in City to the ground. That is something that, no doubt, Bristol Sport may wish to do themselves in due course.

Thank you for the response.

Have read the 'report for publication'. Is there anywhere where we can see the full, raw results of the survey?

I do think there needs to be some clear thought out definitions on what unreserved, singing and standing areas mean.

As there seems to be an assumption that they all mean the same thing, and you either want them all or none of them, which is obviously not the case, as someone who wants to remain seated, also may wish to bring a friend along for certain matches.

I think a standing section at the front of any stand, would cause a great deal of upset supporters sat behind.

I currently sit in the Ian Cottle Wheelchair Area in the Williams Stand, and love hearing the singing behind me, and even join in with a few choruses of what JET will do to you, but get incredibly frustrated when fellow City supporters stand up in front, and block our views.

I have missed goals because of this, and the Club needed to remove a row of seats from sale to eradicate this issue.

Our Club and our Supporters need to work together to find solutions that provide all viewing options.

I do think there needs to be some clear thought out definitions on what unreserved, singing and standing areas mean.

Yes.

What actually is a singing section?

It wasn't the Eastend, or the initial fans idea behind Williams E before the club dubbed the block the "singing" section. There are fans in Williams E and F who would rather be elsewhere.

Some specifics should be provided.

Archived