IGNORED

Wembley Hotels & Travel

supercidered

I'm sure everyone has been trying to suss out ways and means of getting to and from Wembley.

Thought I'd give a heads up to anyone looking for overnight stays either Saturday or Sunday. The hotel I stayed at for the Play Off Final v Hull is already full (Wembley Holiday Inn).

There are 2 more close by already full! I got booked in to another one within walking distance of the stadium but already has limited availability. So if you are planning on making it more than a day.... it may be worth booking early as I'm sure prices will start to rise!

The same has been with the train with already 'limited availability' showing on Trainline Website!

Can't wait!! COYR!

London hotel prices are a bloody scandal, and my advice, if you want to stay over, is to do what I do, and seek ones further out - or even just outside the city.

It's easy enough to hop on a train or tube and get anywhere within the south-east. You don't need to be in Wembley itself, which, to be frank, has little to write home about.

London hotel prices are a bloody scandal, and my advice, if you want to stay over, is to do what I do, and seek ones further out - or even just outside the city.

It's easy enough to hop on a train or tube and get anywhere within the south-east. You don't need to be in Wembley itself, which, to be frank, has little to write home about.

One option would be Watford or Hemel Hempstead which are on the west coast mainline (maybe 15 minutes to Wembley Central).

A second option would be chesham/amersham/chorleywood/rickmansworth for the underground to Wembley Park.

All these places are also good for those who want to "park and ride".

Try the Premier Inn Dalston Junction, It's brand spanking new and should have cheapish rooms available if you book now. Right next to Dalston Junction station (zone 2) and not far from Kings Cross where you can then whizz up to Wembley on the Metropolitan Line. Plus Dalston has loads of nightlife and is also 10 mins from Old Street & Islington with all the boozers & clubs there for your entertainment. 

Hotels near Paddington are nice... and very convenient to the tube station. 

I wouldn't say that. I've had some of my worst London hotel experiences in the Sussex Gardens area (2 minutes from Paddington).

A nice, and fairly central, Travelodge I'd recommend is the one at Marylebone. Just two short stops from Paddington, and one tube stop from Baker Street, where you can get the Jubilee or Metropolitan line up to Wembley Park.

Archived