IGNORED

Any Cider?

CIDER NOT CIDRE

So what would it be?  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like Thatchers Katy. I also like the cloudly ones sometimes. I'm not a fan of the fizzy pop type ones, would rather pay a bit more and get something decent. Natch seems often mentioned on this forum so I tried it once, gave me a blinding headache (not in the hangover sense). I think it's the only drink that had disagreed with me like that.

• Admin

I like Thatchers Katy. I also like the cloudly ones sometimes. I'm not a fan of the fizzy pop type ones, would rather pay a bit more and get something decent. Natch seems often mentioned on this forum so I tried it once, gave me a blinding headache (not in the hangover sense). I think it's the only drink that had disagreed with me like that.

In the late 70's or very early 80's Natch was sold alongside Autumn Gold and Special VAT, it was made from the juice of local apples and was a fine drink, for a pastuerised, bottled cider. Sadly the powers that be decreed that they would be using french apple concentrate to make it after that period amd whilst it has retained something of it's cult status, it is not the drink it used to be.

I recall at one time, Clive who had the Whitening yard was decanting it into a barrel and then selling it on draught, as he was getting theough so much of it, Taunton Traditional being the other big seller in there ( before it was ruined by being moved from Norton Fitzwarren, where it was aged in oak vats, to Shepton Mallet where it was force fermented in stainless silo's).

I like the thatchers 458, great cider I recommend you try it. it is slightly stronger than the henry Weston which is my other favourite. it always seems to sell out In the shops around my area. ashton press, stowford press. Thatcher's katy is nice. Green Goblin. I wish they would sell more of these in the local pubs around ashton gate. I noticed they got a good selection in the shop opposite the robins.

Been looking at the Bristol Cider Shop. http://www.bristolcidershop.co.uk/shop.php?pageNum_rs_products=3&totalRows_rs_products=58&type=3

They seem to do a very good range of smaller brands. Feel like broadening my horizons a bit and getting some 'properr' cider in rather than the usual larger brands of which most taste fairly similar.

I was raised on properrrrrrrrrr cider, right back when i was a young'un,

As long as its cider, I don't think a legal drinking age has ever really been a thing in the West country...

as a great man once said Wanna try some, young 'un? C'mon, young 'un! Get a couple o' pints down 'ee then.

Always wondered how they first discovered Cider...? Who thought it would be a good idea to drink fermented apple juice!?

Or taking it one step further, vinegar - who thought it would be a good idea to taste it once it had fermented that horrible bit further!

I did once see a field mouse gorged on a fermented apple. Poor bugger has clearly had a nibble at it, got pissed thought it a good idea to nibble away some more. Little did he realise he was literally drinking himself to death.

Or taking it one step further, vinegar - who thought it would be a good idea to taste it once it had fermented that horrible bit further!

I did once see a field mouse gorged on a fermented apple. Poor bugger has clearly had a nibble at it, got pissed thought it a good idea to nibble away some more. Little did he realise he was literally drinking himself to death.

haha, that made me smile! Vinegar, that's an odd one too..

Archived