Colchester

Doncaster

Orient

Crawley

Oldham

chesterfield

Bradford

Yeovil

I see 7 home games that are certainly winnable 6  away that I would have to fancy That would leave us on 90 points and winning the league. It really is in our own hands especially with todays result for Swindle. Would need a collapse of mammoth proportions for us to blow this chance and I really cant see Cotts letting that happen!! WE ARE GOING UP!

There is another one missing because we have 21 games left.

Apologies took fixtures off BBC website, but I think you get my point. Looking at what we have coming up really cannot see a reason why we cant get the 11 wins we need to secure promotion.

I'd say the winnable home games are Fleetwood, Port Vale, Peterborough, Gillingham, Crewe, Barnsley, Coventry, Walsall.

and away Colchester, Orient, Crawley, Oldham, Yeovil

So 13 wins possibly and 39 points. So that would see us on 93 points. All guess work of course but I honestly think automatic promotion is realistic, still not confident we'll win the league though.

P.S you're missing Preston away

The joy of football is that it is unpredictable. Decisions given/not given, injuries, misses, just bad days at the office. I am sure we will drop some we expect to win, and hopefully pick those up in more difficult ones. Other than direct rivals, getting to the stage where wins are everything.

In the words of the old sages, lets take each game as it comes.

The joy of football is that it is unpredictable. Decisions given/not given, injuries, misses, just bad days at the office. I am sure we will drop some we expect to win, and hopefully pick those up in more difficult ones. Other than direct rivals, getting to the stage where wins are everything.

This really.

I suspect 90 points will be enough but you never know. That is 36 points in 21 games - a rate of 1.71 points. We have been going at 2.16 so far.

Exactly, which is why people trying to compare our loss at Crewe with Dongers win at Crewe are being silly, of course we won at Scunny when we had a lot of luck and Dongers only drew having mullered them for most of the game, SH it happens it's called football.

A week in April; starting on 6th v Swindon then Preston will decide if its auto or play offs; although winning the next 2 will go a long way towards it.

it's all irrelevant, we could lose all 4 of the games you mention and still be promoted automatically, it now comes down to finding 36 points or more from 21 games, which is only average form, where they come from is irrelevant.

it's all irrelevant, we could lose all 4 of the games you mention and still be promoted automatically, it now comes down to finding 36 points or more from 21 games, which is only average form, where they come from is irrelevant.

Maybe so, but as stated elsewhere Swindon have MKD before us then Preston as well in April; would love it to be all over before then but its been close for months now and early April will decide the top 2 imo.

Archived