IGNORED

Rangers & City Double Today!

Redarmy987

Tied in with British patriotism.

This one is worth referring to at times, though...

http://www.businessballs.com/desideratapoem.htm

It's tied in with bigotry and idiots using national identity as an excuse for bullying and stupidity.  I utterly, utterly loathe Rangers and all that sectarian nonsense. 

EDIT:  Actually that's a bit unfair.  I do feel sorry for the experience Rangers fans have had in recent years with the dreadful financial mismanagement of the club but the Rangers-Celtic rivalry is a horribly depressing thing with idiots on both sides clinging onto misguided obsessions from the past  Most football rivalries are great but this one is really something football could do without.

Funnily I used to work for the Royal British Legion and occasionally gave talks on their history.  You'll find the poppy symbolised the importance of remembering the destruction wrought by the First World War and the impact it had on the lives of the people who fought in it, and subsequently for remembering the sacrifices of those who served in the armed forces.  Frankly it feels a bit cheap and tacky to use it to justify taking a side on a pointless Sectarian squabble between two sets of supporters who frankly should know far, far better.

Funnily I used to work for the Royal British Legion and occasionally gave talks on their history.  You'll find the poppy symbolised the importance of remembering the destruction wrought by the First World War and the impact it had on the lives of the people who fought in it, and subsequently for remembering the sacrifices of those who served in the armed forces.  Frankly it feels a bit cheap and tacky to use it to justify taking a side on a pointless Sectarian squabble between two sets of supporters who frankly should know far, far better.

i'm not taking sides, I couldn't give a tuppenny **** about either of these 2 piss poor Scottish football teams, my point is you told us how much you loathe Rangers and sectarianism, I hate them both and sectarianism but feel that Celtic fans sort of took sectarianism to another level.

I don't need lessons about the first world war or the poppy, my paternal grandfather was an ANSAC who fought and was wounded at Gallipoli (a wound that left him with a huge piece of shrapnel in his right shoulder) he was patched up and even after all of the horrors not only that he suffered but witnessed, was then sent to Mons to fight the rest of the war in the trenches (and wounded for a second time). After he was widowed and then evicted from his home he came to live with with us, a haunted man who suffered night terrors;

Oh yes and he was a catholic, who was proud to wear his poppy.

There's only one team in Glasgow. C'mon you Jags.

Tied in with British patriotism.

This one is worth referring to at times, though...

http://www.businessballs.com/desideratapoem.htm

When dealing with Rangers or Celtic I find this more useful:

Prayer for Serenity

Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the Courage to change the things I cannot accept, and
the Wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

The pitch is a ******* disgrace, that is supposed to be Scotland's international stadium FFS. Still it suits the football on offer that's shit as well.

Also looking around Hampden and MOTD last night, why the **** is there an insistence for all seater stadiums, no ****** is sat down.

I agree the pitch is a disgrace. But it is the first games played on it since the commonwealth games were played and I don't think it has had time to bed in. I think they would have played the games at ibrox and parkhead if the old firm weren't paired together. But they shat it when they were paired and didn't want to give any team home advantage. Should have been played at murrayfield. The weather this week probably didn't help the new pitch either. The best team won anyway and it was a piece of piss for celtic. Took their foot off the gas really early on. Both teams are poor with most of celtics best players all went to the prem. David templeton has ruined his career by going to rangers. He's useless and massively lacking confidence. Only player I would take it rangers is nicky law. Even Lee Wallace has massively went downhill. Just shows that being greedy chasing a buck is not worth it in the long run for their careers. Wouldnt suprise me if rangers wage budget is higher than city's. Anyway. Good win for the city today. Let's hope we win our game in hand and crack on up the league. Coyr

I agree the pitch is a disgrace. But it is the first games played on it since the commonwealth games were played and I don't think it has had time to bed in. I think they would have played the games at ibrox and parkhead if the old firm weren't paired together. But they shat it when they were paired and didn't want to give any team home advantage. Should have been played at murrayfield. The weather this week probably didn't help the new pitch either. The best team won anyway and it was a piece of piss for celtic. Took their foot off the gas really early on. Both teams are poor with most of celtics best players all went to the prem. David templeton has ruined his career by going to rangers. He's useless and massively lacking confidence. Only player I would take it rangers is nicky law. Even Lee Wallace has massively went downhill. Just shows that being greedy chasing a buck is not worth it in the long run for their careers. Wouldnt suprise me if rangers wage budget is higher than city's. Anyway. Good win for the city today. Let's hope we win our game in hand and crack on up the league. Coyr

Murrayfield was a paddy field last season with some form of disease killing the grass and I recall at Old Trafford several years ago they relayed the pitch and played on it less than a week later, the Commonwealth games finished months ago, not a good enough excuse, perhaps they need some better groundsmen?.

Murrayfield is one of the worst pitches in the world

Archived