IGNORED

Mk Dons Biggest Game Of Season

Sparkz 76

Ok we have done fantastically well this season especially with the fixture pile up of recent weeks.

Booked our place at Wembley as well as winning the bread and butter games in the league

Saturday it's the franchise mob who have been in indifferent form of late but have lots of quality in their ranks.

This for me is the biggest test of the season and defensively we need to be right on the money.

Personally I feel if we win this game it will be a massive hurdle on the way of hopefully a promotion or even better.

As we all know swindle we be waiting in the wings to pounce on any mistakes from both sides.

I'm going for 1-1 as a realistic result but believe we can dispose of them if the tactics are spot on as I have faith in cotts as we all do any thought?

As I just mentioned elsewhere a much bigger game for Mc Dons.

They Win: they go a point ahead (as they were at KO today) but we have a game in hand.

A Draw: gap stays the same but one less game & no more chances to directly take points from us.

City Win: amazing result. 5 points clear, game in hand & their last chance to take points off us.

From now on in, the next game will always be the biggest game of the season.

It looks like MKD and Swindon will be on our heels right to the season's end , so we can't afford any slip ups and will need to keep getting results.

Not sure I get this indifferent form bit? One defeat in 18 is hardly poor - although it was 0-3 at home to Walsall. Drawn a few, but last away defeat for instance was us!

Most difficult side to play in our league when they get a goal up - they seem quite merciless! Will come down to a few moments either end I am sure - and hopefully they go our way! As we showed at home, whilst they can look great going forward, I always think if you can get at their defence (not easy...) it is prone to making mistakes. Here is hoping anyway!

No way biggest game.

If a had dropped points today thn yes it would have been, but even if we lose plus game in hand would mean we are on top.

Just another game IMO.

Name a bigger one so far this season then?

It's a huge game because us winning also denies points to our closest rivals - in other words, a proper 6-pointer.

Name a bigger one so far this season then?

It's a huge game because us winning also denies points to our closest rivals - in other words, a proper 6-pointer.

I think today was bigger. And I think the home game against MK was bigger.

Our biggest games from now are our home games against Swindon and Sheff utd IMO.

Next week is bigger because of who we're playing. 

If we lost today , a point behind with a game in hand.

Lose next week we will now be a point behind with a game in hand but....... they are second and if we win ....

we go 5 points clear , with the game in hand potentially 8 points. Taking points off of your lose rivals is always big.

We are getting to the stage where every next game becomes the biggest so far.

This is also true. 

Its a big seven days.

We are away to MK, then on Tuesday Port Vale, then the following Saturday Sheff Utd, the latter two being at AG.

MK have a very quick turn around, having to play away at Bradford on the Monday, and then at Gills the following Saturday.

Swindon are at home to Barnsley Saturday, then away to Oldham Tuesday and away to S****horpe the following Saturday.

If the table looks broadly as it does now, after those three, then I will be very happy in the round. Two of our more difficult ones left in the next three. As an aside, Sheff Utd will then have played the top four twice already! If anyone can then go on a silly good run, it is most likely them.

edit - our Sheff Utd game falls, if they are still in the cup. Would give us a good break, but would be running out of Tuesdays!

This will be without doubt the biggest test if the season. We have to control the possession in the middle of the field and create space for Jo b and litts to either go 1on1 or deliver a decent cross. A point great but I believe we can win if we are confident and play our game. Win and the championship begins to become in sight...,....

This game's a bit like 1976, away to WBA (our closest rivals for promotion the top flight) we won 1-0 ,just how I'm still not sure, but we never looked back after that! Anone else remember?

I remember at about 19H00 being in a huge traffic jam on the Mway sliproad and bursting for a p*ss.

I got out of the car extremely sheepishly to use the hard shoulder only to find I was one of hundreds doing exactly the same thing!

That was also the season of the away draw with Sunderland.

Promotion was a given after those results.

McFadzean now gas ten bookings and I believe he will be suspended for the City match.

Can anyone confirm this?

What difference will that make to their defence?

And isn't it unbelievable that McFadzean has ten bookings and one red card while our central defender Aden Flint has no yellows or reds! He proves you can do the toughest job on the pitch without any problems with referees.

This game's a bit like 1976, away to WBA (our closest rivals for promotion the top flight) we won 1-0 ,just how I'm still not sure, but we never looked back after that! Anone else remember?

It was a night,

Oh what a night,

It really was such a night,

Courtesy the Johnny Ray and Elvis renditions of a rocking good song.

McFadzean now gas ten bookings and I believe he will be suspended for the City match.

Can anyone confirm this?

And isn't it unbelievable that McFadzean has ten bookings and one red card while our central defender Aden Flint has no yellows or reds! He proves you can do the toughest job on the pitch without any problems with referees.

Not sure on this one. The MK fans seem convinced he has picked up ten, and will be out. However, the official FA site does not show him one away (not updated for this weekend yet).

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions

He is the player most likely to pick up Smith, being their sort of a Flint. Soooo...wait and see I guess.

As an aside, their manager is serving a suspension!

A small difference. It would have been handy to have him in this one (despite being the most prone to silly errors), though we have cover in Spence who has been really good this season and Hodson can come back in at RB.

Our defence is the 2nd best in the league behind yourselves whilst our attack is the best in the country so it is all set up for a thrilling game I am sure.

I'll be delighted with a point but, as others have pointed out, we've now got a cushion.  Saturday's game is important for sure (and a win would be a massive step toward promotion) but I don't really subscribe to the idea of 'big games' defining seasons - it's who can win the not-so-big games that decides who goes up and who stays down.  Ultimately if we lose to MK Dons and then don't get beaten for the rest of the season then I'm sure we'll go up.  If we beat MK Dons and then struggle for form we probably won't.

What's got us where we are this season has been our ability to win consistently and the fact we've got over the habit of beating teams people expect us to lose to then losing to teams where people expect us to beat.  There's definitely a psychological value to beating your rivals but, as long as we can respond well to Saturday's result - no matter what it is - it won't define our season. 

They ran us very close at the gate (one of the few) and perhaps we were lucky to take three points.

But like I said in the stay on target thread, let's not get too hung up on the result of these so called six pointers. At the end of the day, we could lose to all the top teams twice and still win the league as long as we keep picking up points elsewhere.

A small difference. It would have been handy to have him in this one (despite being the most prone to silly errors), though we have cover in Spence who has been really good this season and Hodson can come back in at RB.

Our defence is the 2nd best in the league behind yourselves whilst our attack is the best in the country so it is all set up for a thrilling game I am sure.

0 - 0 is an absolute certainty!

Archived