IGNORED

"ground, Ground, Ground And They Forgot About The Team"

CyderInACan

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance". Major General John Sedgwicks last words before being hit by Confederate fire.

"If elected as Mayor of Bristol, I will scrap the BRT scheme" Red Trousered ****

"The funding is in place and has been for some time" Nick Higgs on the Memorial Ground revamp. The funding wasn't in place, and never had been.

"...and Smith must score". From the 1983 cup final between Brighton and Man U. The score was 2-2 near the end and of course Smith missed, so the match went to a reply, which Brighton lost. "And Smith Must Score" subsequently became the name of the Brighton fanzine.

England v Romania in the world cup France 1998. England were a goal down, got I back to 1-1 with only a few minutes left, Kevin Keegan utters the immortal words:- "Only one team can win this now - England".

Cue Romania to get the winner :facepalm:

Wasn't that Euro 2000?! Donkey Neville? Horrific...

Wasn't that Euro 2000?! Donkey Neville? Horrific...

No, it was 98, after Michael Owen's late equaliser in Toulouse. There was still time for Dan Petrescu to get a last minute winning goal.

We then of course lost again to Romania two years later, 3-2, thanks to the late penalty given away by Phil Neville. We actually led that game 2-1 at half time.

No, it was 98, after Michael Owen's late equaliser in Toulouse. There was still time for Dan Petrescu to get a last minute winning goal.

We then of course lost again to Romania two years later, 3-2, thanks to the late penalty given away by Phil Neville. We actually led that game 2-1 at half time.

Yes you are correct. Flamin Romanians!!!

Jamie Redknapp - pretty much anything he says inc but not only "These balls now - they literally explode off your feet.", "Alonso and Sissoko have been picked to literally sit in front of the back four.", "He's literally left Ben Haim for dead there." and probably the best "Peter Schmeichel will be like a father figure to Kasper Schmeichel."

Utter silence and Facebook de-friending from 16:53 onwards. They must have all instantly knew that they were deservedly going to become a total laughing stock after constantly banging on about the play-offs and disrespecting other clubs by self proclaiming that they were far too big a club for League 2. Then they showed their true family club colours by going on the rampage due in the main to the fact that they knew that the Sheeds would be laughing at them.

I think one of the best has to be Steve McMahon signalling to his team mates and the ref that they only have to hold on for two more minutes to win the title.

Up steps Michael Thomas and the rest is history.

I was pretty sure that was John Barnes, although I accept more than one of them might have said something similar.

If I remember correct he slapped his thighs and said "one more minute to go boys".

I was pretty sure that was John Barnes, although I accept more than one of them might have said something similar.

If I remember correct he slapped his thighs and said "one more minute to go boys".

My mistake. I've just watched 9 minutes of highlights and you were right, it was McMahon. Although John Barnes did give John Aldridge a high five.

What a finish that was.

Jamie Redknapp - pretty much anything he says inc but not only "These balls now - they literally explode off your feet.", "Alonso and Sissoko have been picked to literally sit in front of the back four.", "He's literally left Ben Haim for dead there." and probably the best "Peter Schmeichel will be like a father figure to Kasper Schmeichel."

Funnily enough that exact quote got mentioned on Room101 the other day. It was noted as being a rare exception where he could of gotten away with using literally in context but didn't!

Archived