IGNORED

First Division City From 78/79 Season

markyou

I remember the "Norman for England" call in the press when he made mincemeat of Mick (?) Doyle's table topping Man City.... ...and when his boot flew off while striking a wonderful free kick into the net....

Dicks said that when he met Norman to discuss his signing he just said "How much you looking for?" (wages) and that shocked Norman so much he didn't really know what to say ......

Back in the day , as a young'un, I used to stand in the enclosure by the tunnel to get players auto's when they came out pre-match and, as I had long hair back then, Norman used to pat me on the head, and scruff my hair up and tut saying "When you gonna get that cut lad" in his yorkie accent..... charming man off the pitch, devil of an opponent on it, and don't let anyone say different...

Amazed no one has mentioned Tom Ritchie in this thread, if every player who played for City since had matched his work rate we'd have played in Europe.

He is also one of the most modest, nicest people on earth, when I saw him at the legends evening and told him I was amazed that he wasn't in the XI selected he said that was because he "wasn't good enough".

Strangely my schoolboy memories though are of him scoring against the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Man City, etc.....

Amazed no one has mentioned Tom Ritchie in this thread, if every player who played for City since had matched his work rate we'd have played in Europe.

He is also one of the most modest, nicest people on earth, when I saw him at the legends evening and told him I was amazed that he wasn't in the XI selected he said that was because he "wasn't good enough".

Strangely my schoolboy memories though are of him scoring against the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Man City, etc.....

Yep one of my all time favorite players. :thumbsup:

Archived