IGNORED

Drinking/pubs For The 4/5/6K @mk

Dynamite Red

What are peoples thoughts about pre match drinks at MK, it would seem pubs near the ground are non existent (one of reasons I hate modern out of town stadiums). There is the concourse at the ground which will be stupidly busy with shite cider/lager/beer in plastic cups. Does anyone have any better solutions or plans to go elsewhere.

This is from the The Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association:

The Red Dot Bar is situated at the front of the stadium, has SKY TV and welcomes away fans. There are also bar facilities inside the stadium which are located off the main concourse at the rear of the away end. The nearest pubs welcoming away fans are The Red Lion and The Swan in Fenny Stratford which are a 20 minute walk from the ground, and the Enigma on route from Bletchley station. There are several large bars in Milton Keynes town centre.

A few suggestions...

The Plough

Simpson Road

Milton Keynes MK6 3AH

United Kingdom

The Red Lion

11 Lock View Lane

Fenny Strafford

Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK1 1BY, United Kingdom

The Dolphin

Whaddon Way

Bletchley

Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK3 7JZ, United Kingdom

The Wheatsheaf

21 Station Road

Bow Brickhill

Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK17 9JU, United Kingdom

The Chequers Pub

48 Watling Street

Bletchley, Buckinghamshire MK2 2BY

United Kingdom

Anyone fancy any of those?

A few suggestions...

The Plough

Simpson Road

Milton Keynes MK6 3AH

United Kingdom

The Red Lion

11 Lock View Lane

Fenny Strafford

The Dolphin

Whaddon Way

Bletchley

The Wheatsheaf

21 Station Road

Bow Brickhill

The Chequers Pub

48 Watling Street

United Kingdom

All of them Pub crawl?

A few suggestions...

The Plough

Simpson Road

Milton Keynes MK6 3AH

United Kingdom

The Red Lion

11 Lock View Lane

Fenny Strafford

The Dolphin

Whaddon Way

Bletchley

The Wheatsheaf

21 Station Road

Bow Brickhill

The Chequers Pub

48 Watling Street

United Kingdom

To be fair we will need more than one- pretty sure when I was in cov I heard we drank one of the pubs dry

OK.

Firstly, Bletchley by far the best train station. If you end up at MK central, it is a regular service between the two.

Pubs, you have a choice. The ground is out of town. It is far from an easy walk. If you have plenty of time, you could head off to the centre of MK. Head for the big building that dominated the skyline - the Xscape. There are quite a few chain bars around there. Alternatively, there are some pubs around what is called 'The Hub' which is no more than five minutes walk from the central station. Again, chains, but nice enough. Leave plenty of time to get a cab or whatever to the ground.

If your fancy something with a bit more character, then personally I would recommend Fenny Stratford. Really, litle more than a secondary high street now, but with a number of more local pubs along it, and twenty minutes walk from the ground.

The ground itself is right in a big retail centre, so if you want something to eat, MacDonalds etc right by the ground. it's also not the worst ground in the country to get a drink at, by any manner of means.

Personally, I would go Fenny, but just depends what you are after..

Dons fan in peace.

The main pub I'd recommend for big groups of away supporters is definitely The Enigma Tavern - it's about a 10 minute walk from the stadium. To get there, best way is via Bletchley train station (Bletchley is the nearest BR station to the ground). Come out of the station, immediately turn left, past the police station and onto the main road, keep on the footpath turning left and walk along the dual carriageway (there are footpaths/pavements), past the bus station and the Enigma Tavern is on your right. It's about a 6 minute walk from Bletchley station.

When you're ready to walk to the stadium, just keep going the way you were along the footpath next to the dual carriageway, under the underpass and you will see signs for the stadium. I'd think the latest you want to be leaving that pub to get to the ground/in your seat is around 2.15.

The Enigma Tavern is just a chain pub but it has a pretty big outside area out the front. I've driven past a few times when there have been big followings for away supporters and that place is packed with loads of fans. I remember last season there were a lot of Wolves fans there.

• Admin

Dons fan in peace.

The main pub I'd recommend for big groups of away supporters is definitely The Enigma Tavern - it's about a 10 minute walk from the stadium. To get there, best way is via Bletchley train station (Bletchley is the nearest BR station to the ground). Come out of the station, immediately turn left, past the police station and onto the main road, keep on the footpath turning left and walk along the dual carriageway (there are footpaths/pavements), past the bus station and the Enigma Tavern is on your right. It's about a 6 minute walk from Bletchley station.

When you're ready to walk to the stadium, just keep going the way you were along the footpath next to the dual carriageway, under the underpass and you will see signs for the stadium. I'd think the latest you want to be leaving that pub to get to the ground/in your seat is around 2.15.

The Enigma Tavern is just a chain pub but it has a pretty big outside area out the front. I've driven past a few times when there have been big followings for away supporters and that place is packed with loads of fans. I remember last season there were a lot of Wolves fans there.

Many thanks for the info

Getting to Bletchley 12.45 Enigma Tavern it is then ! You'll spot me as i'll be the one with the Jesters Hat on!! See you there and if you do spot me come say hello would be great to see some that post on here in real life so to speak!

Just to add, those going to The Enigma Tavern, when you turn left out of Bletchley Station, its past the police station, turn left and under the footbridge before turning left onto the dual carriageway.

Like I said, it's a Weatherspoons type pub so don't expect 'real' ales etc but in terms of location and size, it's ideal for you lot turning up in your dozens/hundreds there.

-ALSO-

For those in smaller groups, there is Bletchley Working Men's club before The Enigma Tavern (maybe pop in on the way). This is located just after you pass under the footbridge on the right hand side before you turn left to go on the dual carriageway footpath. This pub (working mens club) does welcome away fans but only in smaller numbers.

Archived