IGNORED

Eng V Fra

kiwicolin

;)^_^;) typical france , nick it at the last . eng played well but couldn't

keep out frances' goals.great game to watch but wrong result. ledley king was my

man of the match. who was yours and what did you think of the game??? :D:D:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Guest michael

We were beaten by a far better team - Owen, Gerrard, Scholes didn't play, France had Zidane, Viera - Beckham couldn't score from a pen but Zidane could , we were on the defensive for the whole of the second half, just booting it out - 'nuff said

Guest TauntonRed
;)^_^ I'll agree King was brilliant, but i think theres gotta be some questions raised about heskey and scholes. And also why was Rooney taken off?? It's like Danny Wilson at MilStad again. Oh well I'm off to bed... exam tomorrow and cant afford to think about it. ;):D

;) agreed that eng were on the defensive side in the second half and sg gave

a silly back pass and then dj gave the penalty.if only db had scored from

the penalty.we just can't break the duck of not winning the first game.

time for a whiskey :Rage: :Rage: :Rage:

We were beaten by a far better team - Owen, Gerrard, Scholes didn't play, France had Zidane, Viera - Beckham couldn't score from a pen but Zidane could , we were on the defensive for the whole of the second half, just booting it out - 'nuff said
Beaten by a better team? We were by far the better team first half, lampard becks gerrard and scholes dont great first half but was nowhere to be seen 2nd half, i saw a draw was a fair result, they had nothing up front or did we defend exceptional? jammy spawny orrible lucky gits is all i got to say, WE DID NOT SESERVE TO LOSE THAT GAME ;)

you know what i dont get. Every single time we take a lead against a team we start to play defensively 11 men behind the ball and no outlets. When its cleared the ball is back to the opposition for another attack. Goals are bound to be scored in a 45 minute spell of constant pressure with the attack flair of teams like France. What the players need to do is keep the ball and pass it around make the oppostion get fustrated and commit fouls on you. Now obviously that is difficult but surly the best players in the country are capable of passing and moving under pressure. Lessons should be learnt from these defeats. That is the negative side of things. However I think we will still qualify and we will have another bite at the cherry.

Like bloody City-Brighton all over again!! Aahhhh!! For 90 minutes we were superb and looked like holding out...going to be nervous again for the next week..like the play-off's again!! Rooney should've taken the penalty!

On a plus note Croatia and Switzerland looked rubbish(and said very quietly..Zidane is in my Telegraph Dream Team)..!! Let's hope we beat them in the final...!!

Ledley King did well..Thierry Henry and Michael Owen both pretty anonymous!! Absolutely gutted!!

Archived