doobie dooobie dum dum

etc ?

:chant6ez: Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

doobie, doobie, doooo

dee, doobie, doobie, doobie, doobie, dooo

de doobie, doobie, doobie, doobie, dum, dum

doobie, doobie, dum, dum

doobie, doobie, dum, dum, do

:chant6ez: Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh..........

I'm sure that it pre-dated his arrival. I recall it was sung back in the first division days.

I don't recall ever hearing it until around 86/87, started off in the enclosure and grew quickly.

Remember dozens of us doo-be-dooing it while dancing on the tables of a Wembley pub that season.

It is very simple. Tune very easy. Yes let's resurrect it tomorrow. Unique to City as I have never heard it from any other club. We sang this over thirty years ago.

I don't know, 'Good morning' sounded a right mouthful.

These Chinalanders eh?

And a golly wog turns up!

Wonderful! What a treat on Friday and an away day tomorrow with City poised for promotion and going to Wembley.

What times, what wonderful times.

Who needs the premieir league to justify their existing? We;re Bristol City 5k strong and thats all we need.

Doobie doobie do.........

I'm sure that it pre-dated his arrival. I recall it was sung back in the first division days.

It was around before Steve Galliers for sure

It is very simple. Tune very easy. Yes let's resurrect it tomorrow. Unique to City as I have never heard it from any other club. We sang this over thirty years ago.

So we're talking the 70s?

Pre First Division or not??

Any specific games you can remember it being sung at?

Cheers.

So we're talking the 70s?

Pre First Division or not??

Any specific games you can remember it being sung at?

Cheers.

It was around when I started going to games at the end of 1984, I remember being in the East End singing it. Steve Galliers didn't arrive until 1987

It was the CSF originally and would be heard at any away game from about 84 which saw Citys boys turn out in numbers. Bournemouth away heard Tom Thumb echoing through the stand as the game was delayed due to missiles / pitch invasion.

Any other games you can remember it at Cowshed?

(That Bournemouth game was September 86 btw. We lost to 2 dodgy pens, Moyes sent off for protesting the second which sparked "disagreement" from the away end. Bournemouth went up as champions, despite having Pulis and O'Driscoll playing for them - what a thought! - but not before we set the record straight by spanking them in the home game at The Gate).

Archived