IGNORED

Paul Hartley

Port Said Red

Taking the right steps to become a City manager of the future?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/ive-no-regrets-passing-up-5106610

After McInnes I'd be reluctant. He knows English football and the Championship even less than Del did. That said player recruitment has improved massively since Del was here so it could work.

Probably too much of a gamble but it's surprising that I don't think his name has been mentioned once in all the threads since Thursday?

Not necessarily my choice but then I just cannot see an outstanding candidate right now and there's no disputing his managerial career so far. OK it's in Scotland and we were bitten by giving McInnes a shot but what happened with McInnes has no bearing on what Paul Hartley is or isn't capable of. The Norwich manager hasn't exactly done badly in English football has he and of course there are many successful Scottish managers in the football league before him.

Young, modern, head-coach type, links with City, liked by the fans, good managerial record, can't go much further with his current club so probably available .... hmmm ....

10 hours ago, Coach said:

Probably too much of a gamble but it's surprising that I don't think his name has been mentioned once in all the threads since Thursday?

Not necessarily my choice but then I just cannot see an outstanding candidate right now and there's no disputing his managerial career so far. OK it's in Scotland and we were bitten by giving McInnes a shot but what happened with McInnes has no bearing on what Paul Hartley is or isn't capable of. The Norwich manager hasn't exactly done badly in English football has he and of course there are many successful Scottish managers in the football league before him.

Young, modern, head-coach type, links with City, liked by the fans, good managerial record, can't go much further with his current club so probably available .... hmmm ....

Thanks for resurrecting a post of mine from a year ago, at my age when something like that happens you start wondering if you have had a senior moment and had just started a thread and had no recollection of doing so!

Regarding PH, I did say "of the future" in my OP, the future is not here yet for him, he would have to prove himself at a far higher level first I feel.

In his playing career he came down South twice and on both occasions returned North of the border due to homesickness /family reasons within a year.

Even if he was doing better than he is up there for that reason alone he shouldn't be under consideration.

Justin Edinburgh is a very good shout, though think it may well come down to who is comfortable with the "head coach, so you select from the players we've bought for you" model that is this week's board "strategy"...

Archived