IGNORED

My 4 Year Old Loved It

Londoner

10 mins burst into tears hating it, left at half time back to LDN. She loved it at the gate earlier in the season.

Blame the roundabouts.

For those who have kids, young ones....home family section you could probably get away with....away with lots of shouting combined with a kid who doesn't like football = potential disaster.

10 mins burst into tears hating it, left at half time back to LDN. She loved it at the gate earlier in the season.

Blame the roundabouts.

For those who have kids, young ones....home family section you could probably get away with....away with lots of shouting combined with a kid who doesn't like football = potential disaster.

I think at that age, you have to be selective but it could have gone either way m8. 

When my son was born (June 2010), I said I would not take him to the Gate until he was 5 or 6 (same age as when I started going with my late father).

That changed, I took him to the last game (in championship) for 45 mins and then left it all last season. This season we decided to get a family season ticket. He decides whether he would like to go and he has come along for 5 homes games - and enjoyed it.

I have decided not to take him to away games for a few years but as soon as we were travelling back home from today's game, I rang him (as I knew I would not be back for bedtime) - he picks up the phone and says "dad we are still top of the league, it was 0-0 but Swindon are upto 2nd place" - bless, he's not even 5 yet!. Kids will decide themselves I guess but his interest is immense for such a young toddler. 

He is not going to Wembley but I'm sure he will be watching it - :laugh:

It was my 5 and 7 year olds first away game and they loved it. I was worried about being so close to the back as they are used to sitting the whole game.. turns out I shouldn't have worried at all, they stood on their chairs the whole game and were singing as much as everyone else.

One of the oldest tales in my family, involves my mum (why my mum, I don't know. Not sure what dad was up to) taking me to a match at Ashton Gate when I was about 4 or 5.

At that age, displays of emotion by adults can be confusing and embarrassing, so when mum jumped up when City scored a goal I remained rooted to my seat and loudly hissed: "Sit down mummy! sit down!"

I have no memory of the match, but I can oddly remember the emotion.

It was my 5 and 7 year olds first away game and they loved it. I was worried about being so close to the back as they are used to sitting the whole game.. turns out I shouldn't have worried at all, they stood on their chairs the whole game and were singing as much as everyone else.

Ingrained in them early doors that away days are different gravy.

First away game for my 8 year old and loved every second, even the minibus of 20 somethings who piled out drunk and 'come on little un, lets get inside' they burst into 'top of the league..' and ge was hooked.

I think he would have follwed them as well, he was that excited and enthralled.

Anyway, hooked now, and the delights of watching Bas Savage at Doncaster with 200 others await.

What have I done!!!

Tbf my daughter is about as girly as it gets and hasn't shown a interest in football.

She managed to be ok Colchester at home last season and orient this year in family enclosure....but like people have said MK away with a loud away following is very different.

Still a good experience, will wait a few years until I take her again.

Tbf my daughter is about as girly as it gets and hasn't shown a interest in football.

She managed to be ok Colchester at home last season and orient this year in family enclosure....but like people have said MK away with a loud away following is very different.

Still a good experience, will wait a few years until I take her again.

Take her to the next gas home game and tell her about heaven and hell before you go and once there ask her where she thinks she is?.

My son first visited Ashton Gate aged two days! Before you all start I was just collecting tickets during the day time for a later match.

The wonderful Mrs B Fudge made a huge fuss of him, the next minute I was on the pitch with him in his carry cot. She hoped he would go on to play for the club.

He started attending regularly aged 4, he is now a season ticket holder (aged 17) and I can report we had a great day today at MK.

One of the oldest tales in my family, involves my mum (why my mum, I don't know. Not sure what dad was up to) taking me to a match at Ashton Gate when I was about 4 or 5.

At that age, displays of emotion by adults can be confusing and embarrassing, so when mum jumped up when City scored a goal I remained rooted to my seat and loudly hissed: "Sit down mummy! sit down!"

I have no memory of the match, but I can oddly remember the emotion.

Your surname isn't Galley by any chance is it?

Archived