IGNORED

Alternative To Rail Seating At Stadium Mk?

These are the same seats that you'll find at Wembley and The Emirates. All 3 designed by the same person. Also did Stade De Luz (spelling?) for Benfica.

Funnily enough, would have fronted our new stadium if it went ahead, so we could have expected the same! He's Bristolian :)

Don't know if he has anything to do with our redevelopment though.

I have got to admit it's one of the better grounds I've visited (now 74).

Good view, stewards lefts us alone, lots of food outlets, etc

This could have been what a full new ground would have been like! All out of our hand though, I just hope our compromise is as good.

This could have been what a full new ground would have been like! All out of our hand though, I just hope our compromise is as good.

Agreed 100% and the food was better than the Gate too......

To be honest, the way people made this stadium out to be is incorrect based on my trip today, thoroughly enjoyed it, generally a cracking atmosphere, 5,000+ city fans stood up and an absolute invasion outside and on the outskirts of the ground.

Couldn't go there every week, but these modern stadiums aren't as bad as they're made out to be. Good to visit a couple of times a year, but I am glad that we have such a traditional stadium still in Ashton Gate.

I agree the finish is good, bar code readers as you go in etc etc. Just something about a bowl that never quite does it for me if I am honest atmosphere wise. Been there when it was packed for a Northampton/Munster rugby game and still felt the same. Like the concourse, excellent view, and as has been said, stewards were very sensible in the main.

I found myself walking to the ground through the industrial estates and retail parks and thinking the opposite - while it's quite impressive inside (apart from the incomprehensible underprovision of toilets - who did the maths there??), the surrounding area is terrible.  Really pleased we're staying at AG  :yes:

Really impressed myself.

Stadium was attractive, looked particularly impressive from the outside, acoustics were also good. Everything was amazingly clean - they were even litter picking the concourses at half time! Stewards in my area and outside were really good and used commonsense. Parking was a bit of a 'mare but special mention to the tyre fitters who allowed us to park for free in their car park - despite having offered a tenner. Natives were really friendly.

Good day out and if the new AG stadium and stadium management is of similar standards I'd be happy.

I agree the finish is good, bar code readers as you go in etc etc. Just something about a bowl that never quite does it for me if I am honest atmosphere wise. Been there when it was packed for a Northampton/Munster rugby game and still felt the same. Like the concourse, excellent view, and as has been said, stewards were very sensible in the main.

Bowls are okay imo as long as there is not a single design for the whole stadium like the Rioch. Dortmunds stadium is a bowl but retains the four stand effect.

Really impressed myself.

Stadium was attractive, looked particularly impressive from the outside, acoustics were also good. Everything was amazingly clean - they were even litter picking the concourses at half time! Stewards in my area and outside were really good and used commonsense. Parking was a bit of a 'mare but special mention to the tyre fitters who allowed us to park for free in their car park - despite having offered a tenner. Natives were really friendly.

Good day out and if the new AG stadium and stadium management is of similar standards I'd be happy.

Personally found any noise was not retained in the stadium, out of town stadium in a retail park with the best option of a drink Frankie and ******* Bennies, plastic town with the club they deserve, its like a shit Bradley Stoke.

I quite liked the stadium, massive step up in quality from the likes of Colchester and Shrewsbury and probably that has to do with ambition.

i hate the out of town style Grounds/stadiums ,  a little more thought and there could be facility for bars and restaurants near the ground.

Left the pub a little later than we meant to so didn't try food or beer but for a new modern (and on the whole well designed) stadium the queues for the toilets were a joke.

The leg room was very good , by leg room I mean safe standing area :thumbsup: didn't use the comfy seat. I was told by a mate who's company have been involved with some of the design and build, that although the leg room should be the same in the rebuilt areas at A.G.  there wouldn't be padded seats.

One thing I didn't understand was why they'd hung those tarpaulins up along the concourse. I thought the point was you could still see the game from the concourse while getting food etc. Presumably the tarpaulins where there to discourage this, which is at odds with the design intent.

You can't drink in sight of the pitch at football, i'm sure there were boards there before - I guess they have adapted it for rugby

You can't drink in sight of the pitch at football, i'm sure there were boards there before - I guess they have adapted it for rugby

That would explain it, but if that is the case I'm surprised they didn't have a neater or more permanent solution. Those tarpaulins just looked scruffy compared to the rest of the stadium, which was clearly built to a very high spec.

This is very important , went to a full Highbury years ago and the design meant there wasn't a problem yet new stadium yesterday and massive queues.

Were you upper or lower tier? I didn't have any problems queuing in the lower and there was even space for 10-15 smokers to stand around without being in anyone's way.

This is very important , went to a full Highbury years ago and the design meant there wasn't a problem yet new stadium yesterday and massive queues.

Queues over on right hand side upper fine for toilets but huge for food/ drink. Atmos pretty poor to be honest. 500 City boys make more noise at place like Peterborough or Sheff Utd. Often seems like the ones we are really looking forward to never quite deliver!!

Lovely comfortable seats but loads of people did not use them and decided to stand,which is fine if you are at the back but at the front it makes the whole row stand as well.

I saw a young lad who could not see over people in front and a woman who just sat and looked at the back of someone's coat,this could not be right.

I am happy standing in fact I prefer it but there are many who want to sit so please think of them when standing.

Archived