IGNORED

Heard It All Now

Esmond Million's Bung

I was watching a 5 minute segment of West Ham v Manu, on NBC or some other feed, the summariser is Tim Howard, the West Ham version of Valencia blatantly dived in an attempt to gain a penalty and Howard said " I don't have a problem with that, make the referee make a decision", commentator "so you are advocating diving/cheating", "Yes, I would expect any of my team mates to go down in an attempt to gain a penalty, make the referee make decision, if he gets booked, it's still ok".

That and Wham centre back Tomkins going down as if hit by snipers bullet when yes caught by an arm by RVP but contact was minimal, Howard "I don't blame Tomkins, he needs to make sure he gets a free kick".

I have switched it off, premiership football just sucks these days full of cheating pussies and managers who enable it.

I was watching a 5 minute segment of West Ham v Manu, on NBC or some other feed, the summariser is Tim Howard, the West Ham version of Valencia blatantly dived in an attempt to gain a penalty and Howard said " I don't have a problem with that, make the referee make a decision", commentator "so you are advocating diving/cheating", "Yes, I would expect any of my team mates to go down in an attempt to gain a penalty, make the referee make decision, if he gets booked, it's still ok".

That and Wham centre back Tomkins going down as if hit by snipers bullet when yes caught by an arm by RVP but contact was minimal, Howard "I don't blame Tomkins, he needs to make sure he gets a free kick".

I have switched it off, Premier League football just sucks these days full of cheating pussies and managers who enable it.

You are very naive if you think this just happens in the premier league in this country.

I have switched it off, Premier League football just sucks these days full of cheating pussies and managers who enable it.

Not just Premiership, it happened yesterday!

You are very naive if you think this just happens in the premier league in this country.

Not naive at all, of course it happens in all leagues it happens in kids football as well the big difference is the premiership is so flooded with money and they feel so untouchable they talk openly about it, it's a bit like MP's actually bragging openly about fiddling their expenses because they know they can get away with it. it apparently happened more than once at MK yesterday but at least both sets of supporters saw it and are less than happy about it.

When have you ever heard a manager or player saying anything close to what Howard said outside of the premiership?.

Not just Premier League, it happened yesterday!

Yes and it has been discussed on here and deemed unacceptable and SC never tried to claim it as a penalty and has never said that it's ok to do it.

Maybe twice!

But did you hear anyone from either club or another fellow pro, claim that it was acceptable to do so?, that's the point not the act itself, but the defence of the act.

I suspect SC is less than happy with Little and i'm sure he will deal with it and he hasn't tried to defend it or i'm sure encourage it.

That's why I was disappointed to see Little dive yesterday who I really rate as a player (if he did that is) because I love the lower leagues and how it's proper football with less cheating and much more relatable to the average punter. The lack of diving is one such argument I use to promote league 1 to my glory supporting mates!

Really couldn't care about premier league football to be honest and wouldn't follow it if it wasn't for fantasy football!

That's why I was disappointed to see Little dive yesterday who I really rate as a player (if he did that is) because I love the lower leagues and how it's proper football with less cheating and much more relatable to the average punter. The lack of diving is one such argument I use to promote league 1 to my glory supporting mates!

Really couldn't care about premier league football to be honest and wouldn't follow it if it wasn't for fantasy football!

I agree, as I said I fully expect that SC will deal with it in house, I can't imagine he will be happy.

and I am becoming more and more detached from the premier league, it bores the shit out of me and full of over paid delusional players, managers and fans, after saying Spurs deserved to win the North London derby ******* Arse Whinger later went on a rant about the referee, that is even pissing off gooners fans, there always has to be an ulterior motive, Jose blames the BBC FFS.

It's a game of fine margins and sometimes players will do what it takes to get the 'edge' for their side. Or cheat to sway the game in their favour.

It doesn't matter what league.

Though what Tim Howard is coming out with (as a football pundit) is pretty ridiculous. That's not any form of commentary to (as a player) say those things. Just as well he is a goalie.

It's a game of fine margins and sometimes players will do what it takes to get the 'edge' for their side. Or cheat to sway the game in their favour.

It doesn't matter what league.

Though what Tim Howard is coming out with (as a football pundit) is pretty ridiculous. That's not any form of commentary to (as a player) say those things. Just as well he is a goalie.

I get all of that but modern day football is lacking two ingredient that should actually be in every sport and probably in life itself and that is pride and professional integrity. 

For me their is no pride or integrity in engaging in an act that might see it not only influence the outcome of a game but also see a fellow professional sent off and sometimes even a conned referee reprimanded.

it's no better say than as a bricklayer, kicking over a fellow bricklayers wall whilst he is taking a shit, because he is better and faster than you. it sucks and is killing the game IMO and is brushed aside by footballing authorities, pundits, managers, players and especially young fans as being part of the modern game, anyone who watched the Wales v England 6 nations rugby international on Friday, yes there was deliberate fouls committed and all usually followed by a penalty resulting in points against, lost territory or yellow card, was there any simulation?, was there any play acting?.

I get all of that but modern day football is lacking two ingredient that should actually be in every sport and probably in life itself and that is pride and professional integrity. 

For me their is no pride or integrity in engaging in an act that might see it not only influence the outcome of a game but also see a fellow professional sent off and sometimes even a conned referee reprimanded.

it's no better say than as a bricklayer, kicking over a fellow bricklayers wall whilst he is taking a shit, because he is better and faster than you. it sucks and is killing the game IMO and is brushed aside by footballing authorities, pundits, managers, players and especially young fans as being part of the modern game, anyone who watched the Wales v England 6 nations rugby international on Friday, yes there was deliberate fouls committed and all usually followed by a penalty resulting in points against, lost territory or yellow card, was there any simulation?, was there any play acting?.

Very well put, EMB :clapping: Agree with every word of that.

I agree, as I said I fully expect that SC will deal with it in house, I can't imagine he will be happy.

and I am becoming more and more detached from the premier league, it bores the shit out of me and full of over paid delusional players, managers and fans, after saying Spurs deserved to win the North London derby ******* Arse Whinger later went on a rant about the referee, that is even pissing off gooners fans, there always has to be an ulterior motive, Jose blames the BBC FFS.

Agree with all that to be honest. Also think it must be really difficult to relate to the players you support as a fan in the premier league considering the completely different world the players live in. At least the players wages in league 1 don't dwarf our (the fans) annual wages in a mere week of playing football!

My mate from the black country who is a WBA fan says he almost wishes they would get relegated and leave the ridiculous, frustrating, delusional etc. world of the premier league and return to playing propaa football!

Agard threw himself to the floor after the slightest contact against MK and won a penalty. Didn't hear anyone complaining.

Well having seen the replays of it quite a few times, it looked like a premiership penalty to me, there was slight contact and he was 'entitled to go down', that appears to the new law and I do remember several people making mention of it and some of them quite uncomplimentary.

Agard threw himself to the floor after the slightest contact against MK and won a penalty. Didn't hear anyone complaining.

This refers to our home game?

He was deliberately pushed in the back by McFadzean of MK who was yellow carded.

Are you saying he was not pushed? The same McFadzean who was yellow carded again yesterday taking his total to TEN YELLOWS AND ONE RED for the season.

Still claim Agard was not pushed? McFadzean is a professional cheat.

Funny - I seriously hate cheating yet yesterday I caught myself with both arms in the air screaming PENALTY when Little went down. Felt a bit embarrassed after but thought about how much I wanted us to win that game. It almost seems as if anything goes to get one over on the opposition. I think that even now I would have gladly taken the three points from a dodgy pen - how sad.

I'm not an Arsenal fan but know a glory supporter who is. He generally speaks about fans, pundits, managers and all within football an their inscesance for talking absolute shit. Arsenal fans are at civil war like none I've ever seen. Tottenham, current 'fawn boys' of the media, can best be described as a 'pressing side'. At worse, anti- football aggressors with a British golden boy. It's also been observed by the same chap that British players seem to get an easier ride from referees than them foreign chaps, especially re descent Wayne Rooney. Booked today for it, at last.

No alteria motive in Wenger's argument, just if sides are going to undergo the tactic of push, bully and shove, with no protection from the referee (and Arsenal end up with more yellow cards!).... fair analysis is not whinging.

And those in rant houses shouldn't throw rants btw ;)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x819nx_pub-dubonnet-fernandel-1965-publici_shortfilms

Remember this ad slogan since when I was a kid... Never ever thought I'd post it on a football forum... Didn't dream of PC's, internet, or any of this IT stuff back then either come to think of it... How times have changed since many of us were kids and Bobby Moore was England captain.

Ohh, and I thought when I grow up one day 'I vill 'ave uh Dubonnet' ... - Never did 'ave one though, odd that innit? :)

I bet you didn't know they won the Dubonnet cup in 1909/1910.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubonnet_Cup

Agard got a very soft penalty v Yeovil, after the game garry Johnson on radio Bristol said it was soft but it's the referees fault for giving it. I don't blame him for going down! People who think Cotterell will take any kind of action against little are very very naive! Unfortunately it's all part of the game nowadays and Bristol City are no exception!

Agard got a very soft penalty v Yeovil, after the game garry Johnson on radio Bristol said it was soft but it's the referees fault for giving it. I don't blame him for going down! People who think Cotterell will take any kind of action against little are very very naive! Unfortunately it's all part of the game nowadays and Bristol City are no exception!

TB, the only thing is that if Little was on yellow card when he went down and the ref had booked him for the dive he would have been off, and being down to 10 men could have cost us  crucial game - think Swindon.

I am not suggesting that Cotterill will take action against Little, but I would hope he would emphasise the risks of any of our players diving to look for penalties. Without being stupid, it is looking increasingly likely that the only team we have to fear from now on in is ourselves. Us making silly mistakes ( getting sent off for diving) might be the difference between automatic promo and the pray offs, so I hope SC eliminates all the risks we can bring on ourselves.  

Archived