IGNORED

Respect For Mk

Jesus

Right, this is going to go down like a cheap Russian proverbial on here, but, I'm going to say it........

After Saturday, I've for a new found respect for MK. Before you all jump on me like a pack of wolves, hear me out. 

Taking away the history of Wimbledon, I actually really enjoyed my visit to MK.  First of all, the away pub we were in, great staff, great banter from the landlord who was happy to play "gold" and other city related songs for us to sing too.  I though the ground was brilliant, and the stewards were great, they just let us get on with it and didn't cause any issues. 

On the footballing side of things, I thought MK played some really attractive, attacking football, especially around the 18 yard box. 

I for one wish them the best of luck for the future, not too much of course, but I'd be more than happy to see them promoted with us.

Right, this is going to go down like a cheap Russian proverbial on here, but, I'm going to say it........

After Saturday, I've for a new found respect for MK. Before you all jump on me like a pack of wolves, hear me out.

Taking away the history of Wimbledon, I actually really enjoyed my visit to MK. First of all, the away pub we were in, great staff, great banter from the landlord who was happy to play "gold" and other city related songs for us to sing too. I though the ground was brilliant, and the stewards were great, they just let us get on with it and didn't cause any issues.

On the footballing side of things, I thought MK played some really attractive, attacking football, especially around the 18 yard box.

I for one wish them the best of luck for the future, not too much of course, but I'd be more than happy to see them promoted with us.

I thought the stewarding was a bit OTT - several people purchased burgers and the like from the van and adjacent shops and were told they weren't allowed in with them.

Must say the pub we went to that you mentioned Enigma I think it was called was a good laugh.

Must say the pub we went to that you mentioned Enigma I think it was called was a good laugh.

I think the place we were was called the Tavern.

I can understand why Wimbledon hate them and why they get called Franchise but they are just another club to me doesnt bother us really.

Agreed.

They've moved on and been lucky to change the name/location of the club's originality.

Since, I've also moved on and see them as MK Dons and not "Franchise FC" and all the other names people call them.

They play football the right way, have a great stadium, which is also well located. They're ambitious and making all the right noises of a club moving in the right direction.

So what if Robinson comes across as a dick. So does SC to many other fans, it's the sort of character you want in charge, not a docile **** who can't get his team up for a game.

They're more equipped than 20+ other teams to go up and progress in our league.

Milton Keynes is a place where people want to live and business is good there, unlike some of the shitty areas we have to visit in this league, with low footballing infrastructure.

But....

We are better than them in everyway :city:

Have to agree. They are what they are, but they are here now.

They are doing things in the right way now and I would be very happy if it was them that took 2nd place behind us.

I wouldn't argue with that.

To me, Wimbledon will always be Hammam, Gould, Fashanu, Jones etc ..

Loathed up and down the country for their awful long ball, anti football, thuggery and a general embarrassment to the game.

Not missed one iota.

Agreed.

They've moved on and been lucky to change the name/location of the club's originality.

Since, I've also moved on and see them as MK Dons and not "Franchise FC" and all the other names people call them.

They play football the right way, have a great stadium, which is also well located. They're ambitious and making all the right noises of a club moving in the right direction.

So what if Robinson comes across as a dick. So does SC to many other fans, it's the sort of character you want in charge, not a docile **** who can't get his team up for a game.

They're more equipped than 20+ other teams to go up and progress in our league.

Milton Keynes is a place where people want to live and business is good there, unlike some of the shitty areas we have to visit in this league, with low footballing infrastructure.

But....

We are better than them in everyway :city:

If everything is as good as you say, the question I will ask is,why couldn't Milton Keynes FC have done it the proper way by going through non league then?

The people of MK were not interested,that's the answer.

MK were gifted a league club,they should have had to do the same as everyone else, fight for it.

I despised Wimbeldon FC.

Joe Kinnear, Denis Wise, Vinnie Jones, etc the whole lot of them. They were a thuggish club which played thuggish football.

I celebrated their demise and have absolutely nothing against MK Dons other than they are rivals for promotion this season and obviousy hope they finish below us.

Archived