IGNORED

Pay For Promotion?

dezgimed

We seem to be heading for a top 2 place. 

The exchanges (Betfair etc) currently have us layable for promotion at 1.20-1.25 (although limited liquidity). 

In simple terms you should be able to bet AGAINST us getting promotion in layman terms of around 4/1 or 5.0 with the bookies. 

Would anyone consider betting against us going up, potentially losing your stake but getting a nice return as compensation if we cock this up?

I may have a look in 4-5 weeks time. Win win. 

:ph34r:

The exchanges (Betfair etc) currently have us layable for promotion at 1.20-1.25 (although limited liquidity). 

In simple terms you should be able to bet AGAINST us getting promotion in layman terms of around 4/1 or 5.0 with the bookies. 

Would anyone consider betting against us going up, potentially losing your stake but getting a nice return as compensation if we cock this up?

I've never bet against city and never will

I've been betting against City or laying them on the exchanges for some weeks now - I absolutely look at it like paying for promotion with a money back guarantee. It's only worth doing when your team is successful and opponents odds are long. It doesn't change who I'm supporting, quite the opposite, I'm putting money on recent matches where I'm massively emotionally invested because in my mind we couldn't afford to slip up in order to stay top. I call it "emotional insurance".

Haven't thought about insuring the season outcome, it's the individual results I'm wrapped up in.

How's your trading going dezgimid?

Archived