IGNORED

Wigan

Big Red Rich

Can't believe they are 8 points adrift of safety. I never really know whether to dislike them as they are a bit of a nothing club in a rugby town or a club run by a proper old school British businesmsn rather than some jonny foreigner ripping the heart out of the club.. Either way, our current positions would suggest we'll pass them on the way through and they'll drop down to maybe where they belong? Is that harsh?

Can't believe they are 8 points adrift of safety. I never really know whether to dislike them as they are a bit of a nothing club in a rugby town or a club run by a proper old school British businesmsn rather than some jonny foreigner ripping the heart out of the club.. Either way, our current positions would suggest we'll pass them on the way through and they'll drop down to maybe where they belong? Is that harsh?

Same as Lansdown. Local rich man who wants to leave his mark.

Run (and managed) by British "racists" ? When they go down, they'll be down to 5or6 K ! Start again .

Im not surprised that much by Wigan's position. They have slowly been drip selling players.

And Dave Whelan? Just because he is old and British that means he should be liked? The guy is a cock. From the absurd hype of every manager he had in the prem to the appointing a guy whilst he is waiting on charges for racist and sexist behavior to his own racist comments.

Not only that but his last few appointments have been shit, including the latest.

No

Dave Whelan strikes me as the sort of Manager that will see where Wigan are next season and, if they are relegated again, might just close the club down.. think about it.. not as far fetched as it might first appear..

1. He has probably made money on their time in the Prem.

2. He is now experiencing losses and in League 1 that will be worse still.

3. If they go down he will need to throw a fair amount of money at it to get back to the Prem.

His first love is Rugby and that pays pretty well these days in top flight League. Why throw millions at trying to get back to the Prem, the only place worth being if you have to run it as a business where serious money can be made if managed correctly and he strikes me as a man who knows how to make a few bob. He might just acknowledge what we all know that Wigan is a rugby town and its better off just shutting up shop before he loses on the deal.

Still sound far fetched? Yeah OK then,.. i guess it probably does!!! Worth thinking about though ;)

No

Dave Whelan strikes me as the sort of Manager that will see where Wigan are next season and, if they are relegated again, might just close the club down.. think about it.. not as far fetched as it might first appear..

1. He has probably made money on their time in the Prem.

2. He is now experiencing losses and in League 1 that will be worse still.

3. If they go down he will need to throw a fair amount of money at it to get back to the Prem.

His first love is Rugbyand that pays pretty well these days in top flight League. Why throw millions at trying to get back to the Prem, the only place worth being if you have to run it as a business where serious money can be made if managed correctly and he strikes me as a man who knows how to make a few bob. He might just acknowledge what we all know that Wigan is a rugby town and its better off just shutting up shop before he loses on the deal.

Still sound far fetched? Yeah OK then,.. i guess it probably does!!! Worth thinking about though ;)

Former professional footballer Dave Whelan sold Wigan Warriors in 2007, so if rugby is his first love it's been a very complicated relationship

Archived