IGNORED

Referee Back Chat

WTFiGO!?!

There are some black and white rules that could easily be implemented.

One is retrospect punishment for diving (point deductions) but another I'd love to see is that only the captain can talk to the ref.

In rugby, it's a straight sin bin offence as soon as the ref doesn't like the tone of the player. I know it's a different culture but the swearing and abuse from footballers is an embarrassment.

As footballers have continually contrived to harass, cheat and abuse the ref their right to speak to them should be temporarily withdrawn.

Also think referees should be interviewed after games to explain their performance, btw.

Just food for thought.

One is retrospect punishment for diving (point deductions) but another I'd love to see is that only the captain can talk to the ref.

In rugby, it's a straight sin bin offence as soon as the ref doesn't like the tone of the player. I know it's a different culture but the swearing and abuse from footballers is an embarrassment.

As footballers have continually contrived to harass, cheat and abuse the ref their right to speak to them should be temporarily withdrawn.

Also think referees should be interviewed after games to explain their performance, btw.

Just food for thought.

Very true, there are several simple changes that would help restore authority with the ref.

Any backchat/arguing about free kicks and players standing over the ball to delay kicks, should be punished by moving the kick forward 10 yards. Thus all the shindig for kicks just outside the would end because the penalty for speaking out of turn would be a penalty.

Referees should be allowed to award a penalty goal if a player commits a "professional" foul to deny a scoring opportunity.

Just food for thought.

Can see where you are coming from but I just feel refs should not comment on any mistakes they may have made, as this will surely influence them the next time they referee the side they wronged. A good example is the ref from the MK Dons game, who allegedly apologised to their manager for not spotting their penalty shout. Next time he refs the Dons, surely in the back of his mind he will feel he owes them one.

Very true, there are several simple changes that would help restore authority with the ref.

Any backchat/arguing about free kicks and players standing over the ball to delay kicks, should be punished by moving the kick forward 10 yards. Thus all the shindig for kicks just outside the would end because the penalty for speaking out of turn would be a penalty.

Referees should be allowed to award a penalty goal if a player commits a "professional" foul to deny a scoring opportunity.

Re the last part of that.

Always felt if denied a goal scoring opportunity anywhere, it should be a penalty rather than a sending off. Punishment fits the crime much better.

And indirect free kick for accidental hand ball anywhere. The Bradford goal against Mk the other night was technically right, accidental hand ball, then goal, just feels all wrong!

Can see where you are coming from but I just feel refs should not comment on any mistakes they may have made, as this will surely influence them the next time they referee the side they wronged. A good example is the ref from the MK Dons game, who allegedly apologised to their manager for not spotting their penalty shout. Next time he refs the Dons, surely in the back of his mind he will feel he owes them one.

Think if he does it publically, there shouldn't be an issue. No need to apologise, either. Just acknowledge there was a mistake and maybe why it was made.

Think CotswoldRed ask a pertinent question in that if the authorities were inclined enough to sort it, they would.

As always, whilst the paying customer is prepared to put up with it there is no problem.

Research the Corinthians if you can be bothered, it's a club run by ethics of honesty an integrity. Obviously, they're not competing high in the footballing pyramid.

Just food for thought.

Rule is already in place, mucker.

Ungentlemenly conduct. It's not enforced, mainly because the fast never back their referees

Re the last part of that.

Always felt if denied a goal scoring opportunity anywhere, it should be a penalty rather than a sending off. Punishment fits the crime much better.

And indirect free kick for accidental hand ball anywhere. The Bradford goal against Mk the other night was technically right, accidental hand ball, then goal, just feels all wrong!

You would just get in to a situation where players would aim to kick the ball against the opposition players arm.

There's nothing thing wrong with the handball law as it is, it just has to be intentionel ( try telling prem managers that though!),John Steads wasn't intentionel the other evening,so wasn't hand ball.

What annoys me as much as anything is the way a whole team seems to surround the Ref and intimidate him into making a decision that they want. In rugby the ref tends to send everybody else away except the player involved and the captain and they respect that. In football the Ref tries sending the players away,often walking way himself and they just follow him, it laughable sometimes. I know it's. heated, emotional game and I wouldn't have it anyother way, but get the book out.

I thought there should be some vague rule, but that's quite in depth. So it because it's allowed to happen it has become the norm then? In rugby they seem to have the schoolteacher/pupil type approach, that maybe a bit too far for footballers. As soon as I see teams pressurise the Ref and him giving in the game is lost for me.

And what is it with all the Premiership and ex Prem players, they really get over friendly with the Ref, you watch them. Not so much now as we don't see so many recent ex Prem players in League One, but in the Championship any team with an ex Prem player was all over the Ref like a rash before the game, HT etc. yuck.

What annoys me as much as anything is the way a whole team seems to surround the Ref and intimidate him into making a decision that they want. In rugby the ref tends to send everybody else away except the player involved and the captain and they respect that. In football the Ref tries sending the players away,often walking way himself and they just follow him, it laughable sometimes. I know it's. heated, emotional game and I wouldn't have it anyother way, but get the book out.

They reason they do it, as with simulation (cheating), is that it works :(

Archived