IGNORED

Championship Promotion

Big Red Rich

Who would you like to get promoted from the current contenders? I do and don't want Bournemouth to do it, I do as it will show us what is totally possible, I don't as I can't believe having been perenial no hopers and an easy 3 points they are now PL hopefuls, shows what a good manager Howe is. What about Brentford? I always thought Boro were/are a bit of a nothing club. Ipswich would be good, Skuse becoming a PL footballer and showing a few that, like Orr, can hold their own in the top flight.

I'd go for Ipswich, Derby & probably begrudgingly B'muff...

Who would you like to get promoted from the current contenders? I do and don't want Bournemouth to do it, I do as it will show us what is totally possible, I don't as I can't believe having been perenial no hopers and an easy 3 points they are now PL hopefuls, shows what a good manager Howe is. 

I am sure Howe is a good manager, but their Russian billionaire owner has played a big part too!

They are not perennial underdogs having their day in the sun, but a member of the nouveau riche.

Not that I'm an expert of championship football but I think Derby have the best team along with Boro and arguably Brentford, but B'Mouth have the best team spirit which could see them over the line.

I think Boro will definitely go up, I have a feeling Derby will choke like they did last season and B'mouth will join Boro.

I am sure Howe is a good manager, but their Russian billionaire owner has played a big part too!

They are not perennial underdogs having their day in the sun, but a member of the nouveau riche.

Absolutely right. In fact, Howe would've got nowhere without the backing of the Russians.

My best mate lives in Bournemouth and he can no longer guarantee tickets for his footie-mad sons as the totally insufficient stadium is sold out all the time with Cherries' fans who have suddenly come out of the woodwork.

Would love to see Bournemouth go up, so what if they've got a few quid - they've done the right thing with it, you can't begrudge them that. They haven't spanked it up against the wall, like, shall we say C*rdiff......

Derby & Middlesboro are proper football clubs, would have no problem with them joining them

Know a lot of Brentford fans, so wouldn't begrudge them either, but one of their lot that I know if a gobby little ***** - so I'd love them to lose in the play off final for that reason alone

Don't want to see Watford back in there, Ipswich must be one of the dullest teams I've seen, and I prefer Norwich

Absolutely right. In fact, Howe would've got nowhere without the backing of the Russians.

My best mate lives in Bournemouth and he can no longer guarantee tickets for his footie-mad sons as the totally insufficient stadium is sold out all the time with Cherries' fans who have suddenly come out of the woodwork.

Come on Red, Stefan Lansdownikov has made a difference to us since his parents moved from Minsk to Totterdown :cool: :cool:

Hehe. You'll be telling me that BS really stands for Belorussian Sportski next.

Actually it's Blagoveshchensk Sporting Club in the Republic of Bashkortostan. Honest. Just  mention to Stef  ???????????? and see how he reacts. I guarantee his eyes will start to water and he will tell you of his grandparents surviving the harsh Russian winters so he could start up a business in his bedroom and become a hero to the local peasants. Ahh a tale of two cities. :laughcont: :laughcont: :laughcont:

Would love to see Bournemouth go up, so what if they've got a few quid - they've done the right thing with it, you can't begrudge them that. They haven't spanked it up against the wall, like, shall we say C*rdiff......

No indeed, it is the way of the world today.  But nobody should regard them as plucky little Bournemouth, David slaying Goliath. They are a financial Goliath and performing accordingly.

Who remembers a game back in the late 90's when Bournemouth came to us expecting to go out of business on the following Monday? I think every assumed they would just rollover but they beat us 1-0 and Ian Cox was amazing for them that day. It's a great story really for them to be challenging for promotion after years of being owned and run by the fans, there's is a very similar story to Hull City in many ways. I hope they get up, I think they deserve a taste of the big time after that period.

No indeed, it is the way of the world today.  But nobody should regard them as plucky little Bournemouth, David slaying Goliath. They are a financial Goliath and performing accordingly.

I don't see them as plucky Bournemouth anymore, and I get the financial argument to it, but they've spent it wisely, stadium and squad. I just can't knock them for that

I don't see them as plucky Bournemouth anymore, and I get the financial argument to it, but they've spent it wisely, stadium and squad. I just can't knock them for that

Given that their stadium is so small, and they have spent a fair whack on players, how do they get around the FFP rules?

Middlesbro. Bournemouth and Brentford for me.

Boro', because of the Great Albert, and no other reason.

Bournemouth, to conclusively prove wrong all those on this forum who kept telling me Pitman would only have a career in the lower divisions after leaving City. How wrong they have been proved to be.

Brentford, as much as I'll miss the trip to Griffin Park should we go up, it's now or literally never for them, I suspect. Good luck to them, a real fairy tale if they manage it.

The likes of Derby, Watford and Norwich bore me and imo deserve extended stays in the lower divisions, along with Wolves who I hate, and hopefully all of them will only exit the division the other way.

Ipswich are the most boring team of them all, full of extremely average players playing dull football, but they're grinding out the points in typical tedious McCarthy fashion. Really hope they don't comatose their opponents to the extent they somehow succeed in the play offs. Better still they don't end up there in the first place, then surely it will be downhill all the way for them next season.

Albert, Pitman and Brentford it is then, their inclusion would at least make the PL slightly interesting for me next year.

Middlesbro. Bournemouth and Brentford for me.

Boro', because of the Great Albert, and no other reason.

Bournemouth, to conclusively prove wrong all those on this forum who kept telling me Pitman would only have a career in the lower divisions after leaving City. How wrong they have been proved to be.

Brentford, as much as I'll miss the trip to Griffin Park should we go up, it's now or literally never for them, I suspect. Good luck to them, a real fairy tale if they manage it.

The likes of Derby, Watford and Norwich bore me and imo deserve extended stays in the lower divisions, along with Wolves who I hate, and hopefully all of them will only exit the division the other way.

Ipswich are the most boring team of them all, full of extremely average players playing dull football, but they're grinding out the points in typical tedious McCarthy fashion. Really hope they don't comatose their opponents to the extent they somehow succeed in the play offs. Better still they don't end up there in the first place, then surely it will be downhill all the way for them next season.

Albert, Pitman and Brentford it is then, their inclusion would at least make the PL slightly interesting for me next year.

Have you seen all of Derby's matches this season then? Thats quite a statement to make

Archived