IGNORED

Fire Regulations And Getting Out Of Dolman Tuesday Night

New Dazzler

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but did anyone feel that their safety was compromised trying to get out of the Dolman after the Port Vale game.  It must have taken about 10 minutes after the end of the game with the temporary stairs.  People understand their will be issues with what will be a fantastic development, but I wonder how long it would take to evacuate the stand in an emergency.

I wouldn't be wasting time using the steps if there was an emergency !!!!!

Me neither, when its a choice of perishing in a fire/crowd crush (or other life threatening incident) or smashing to pieces by diving into some strategically placed construction/demolition equipment, there's only one winner :reaper: !

I actually thought it was quicker with the temporary stairs. Would have been quicker still if a steward hadn't been standing partially blocking it halfway down.

Me too. The wider stairs meant there was an effective fast and slow lane out. In the old set-up you were often blocked by some old dodderer who, God bless them and all that, really ought to have stayed in his seat until the majority of the crowd disperses.

Me too. The wider stairs meant there was an effective fast and slow lane out. In the old set-up you were often blocked by some old dodderer who, God bless them and all that, really ought to have stayed in his seat until the majority of the crowd disperses.

The very same people who get up to get off the coach first and force everyone behind them to waste 10 minutes of their lives.

It did seem to take longer, but I wondered if it was because more people stayed in their seats as they can't stand down the front now. Saying that a lot f people dd seem to get up just before the end and walk even more slowly out so they could linger and watch.

Also a lot of people don't seem very confident on the steps, you can feel them move underfoot and they make a noise which seems to slow a lot of people down.

I can't see the concern. In a proper emergency there would be plenty of fallers making for a soft landing for jumping from the wall.

The authorities will have factored this positive twist into their planning

Its a quite natural culling process, knowing my luck I would land on skeletor who was watching the game in disguise :gasmask: :gasmask:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but did anyone feel that their safety was compromised trying to get out of the Dolman after the Port Vale game. It must have taken about 10 minutes after the end of the game with the temporary stairs. People understand their will be issues with what will be a fantastic development, but I wonder how long it would take to evacuate the stand in an emergency.

Leave early then like most of us do apparently!!

• Admin

It did seem to take longer, but I wondered if it was because more people stayed in their seats as they can't stand down the front now. Saying that a lot f people dd seem to get up just before the end and walk even more slowly out so they could linger and watch.

It was very clear that people were staying in their seats later than they would normally, sitting quite far back in B block it took at least 10 minutes to get out of the stand.

As mentioned above it was the classic getting stuck behind a slow mover scenario

Had to laugh at the poor stewards stood there with a A4 laminate piece of paper telling people to move on !

It was very clear that people were staying in their seats later than they would normally, sitting quite far back in B block it took at least 10 minutes to get out of the stand.

As mentioned above it was the classic getting stuck behind a slow mover scenario

Had to laugh at the poor stewards stood there with a A4 laminate piece of paper telling people to move on !

Reminds you of Inspector Blake on the buses !!!

I didn't actually notice any laminates. I get get stuck behind a slow mover who kept stopping and looking behind for his mate. His mate couldn't get to him, he couldn't stop and let his mate catch up, for flips sake. It not as if you are going to get lost, theres only one bloody way you can go,keep moving and reunite at the bottom of the stairs. (Not immediately at the bottom) What is it with some people having to be joined at the hip???

Rant over.

I didn't actually notice any laminates. I get get stuck behind a slow mover who kept stopping and looking behind for his mate. His mate couldn't get to him, he couldn't stop and let his mate catch up, for flips sake. It not as if you are going to get lost, theres only one bloody way you can go,keep moving and reunite at the bottom of the stairs. (Not immediately at the bottom) What is it with some people having to be joined at the hip???

Rant over.

they should have a LOST SUPPORTERS AREA like you had when you were a kid at Weston, confused supporters could seek counselling there after a match, why are we constantly winning ? what am I doing here, I will contact Social Services and see what can be done, especially as its raining outside and the 4 grandkids are doing my head in here :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but did anyone feel that their safety was compromised trying to get out of the Dolman after the Port Vale game.  It must have taken about 10 minutes after the end of the game with the temporary stairs.  People understand their will be issues with what will be a fantastic development, but I wonder how long it would take to evacuate the stand in an emergency.

We used to have 6 exits now we have 4. The positioning of the steps in front of block B means that it caters for Block A, Block B and half of Block C due to the natural exit flow. We need another set of stairs at Ateyeo end. All this can be seen from the Ateyeo web cam.

We used to have 6 exits now we have 4. The positioning of the steps in front of block B means that it caters for Block A, Block B and half of Block C due to the natural exit flow. We need another set of stairs at Ateyeo end. All this can be seen from the Ateyeo web cam.

The removal of the stairs in the corner by A makes a difference for those in A-C, certainly.

HOWEVER being the other end of the Dolman myself, the crap exits meant I used to end up out of the ground around the same time as the away team got back home! Since the opening into the DEH was made over the summer, that has flowed brilliantly out of the ground even when using steps for the Lower Dolman and the widening of the space pitchside now improves it massively.

So if it was an acceptable fire exit route for the past 10 years when you weren't affected but I was, it is also going to be acceptable now when I'm not affected and unfortunately you are :)

Archived