IGNORED

Buckle Gone

stawey

Good call .

I had him down for the Barnsley job yesterday as it's pretty close to Little Lee and grandchild (assuming Lee lives nr Oldham), but Gary is more Cheltenham I think so will advise him to go for that instead.

I'd like to see GJ go there and be successful but how sure can we be that he will be?

His record is extremely polarised: he's either very successful or he's a complete disaster. It seems to me that if the conditions at a club are right for him, or he's afforded time and resources to make them right (as at City), he can be very good, at least for a while. However, when the conditions aren't right, when he doesn't have players who respond to his style, things seem to go quite badly.

I don't know much about the players at Cheltenham but he wouldn't have a transfer window (though he could make loans I suppose) and he doesn't have a lot of time for throwing hand grenades and going on 9 match losing streaks, so it would largely come down to whether or not the players there respond to him or not.

Archived