IGNORED

The "panic" Thread

Spike

I figure after a disappointing result there will be a lot of "panic" talk so why not keep it all to one place.

Personally I think we were always going to lose another game before the season was over, it's a tough month of fixtures this month and we've come away with some good results, todays would be a lot worse if Swindon an/or MK Dons had won but they both suffered heavy losses meaning nothing has changed other than we're one game closer to the end of the season.

The result aside my only "panic" is the Emmanuel-Thomas and Matt Smith situation. We have two very good strikers in these two players but one is only on loan and the other seems to be surrounded by talks of leaving. I am a little concerned about the idea of going up a league and losing two very key players this season, is anyone else concerned about this?

Oh and to end this post on a positive we're still 4 points clear with a game in hand :)

We just need to clear our heads and concentrate on Peterborough now. Win this and we'll go 7 points clear, which will be very significant IMO. I trust Cotts to get into the boys before Tuesday night, and I'd like to see a few changes to freshen up the midfield. 

Saville coming in for Elliot would be my first call. 

Oh and by the way, Sheff Utd have 2 games in hand on Swindon, win those and they'll only be 6 points out of the autos. 

We have has a brilliant season in we never won another game.I have been to 4 away games this season with 3 wins and a draw..That would never have happened until SC and this team made it happen.My. only concern is when Matt Smith leaves.Huge boots to fill with a recovering and injured couple of strikers.But in SC I trust.

No guarantee if we'd have won that Swindon and MK Dons would have still lost - one less game to play. I'd have taken being 4 points clear after last weekends result. Tuesday is key, must bounce back.

No panic, plenty of frustration though.

Just like Fleetwood and Port Vale we allowed the opposition to turn up and dictate the tempo of the game, and keep the ball under no pressure whatsoever. I don't know when we stopped pressing completely but it's frustrating to see us content to hand as much possession to the opposition as they want, when we're at home.

All season we've been a team that look confident on the ball and dominate possession, and the last few home games we've been the complete opposite. No movement, always the long outball (unless we're under severe pressure in which case we seem absolutely DETERMINED to attempt to play it out!!) and looking to counter attack rather than dominate the game.

They were a textbook example of how to pass and move today, while we were - for the most part - flat and lifeless.

And I think the less said about Emmanuel-Thomas' performance, the better. Would love to see his pass completion stats because I'm convinced he put more balls to yellow shirts than red.

Im split on opinion.

As we know, Cotts has no plan B.

Thats fine, I like Cotts and plan A, its worked well.

But either yku accept that Sheff Utd are a really good team and probably the only ones too nullify us or everyone else will copy and havessimilar results.

I personally suspect the former rather than the later.

We have been hoofing it much too often recently and then when Matt Smith does win a ball no one is near to feed off of him.

Today sheff utd were very good first half but hoofing loads . In the 2nd half we dominated leading upto to their equalizing goal and we were playing alot better football . Unlucky not to be 2 nil up

I do find it strange Cotterils changing the formation just to keep jet on.although jet can conjure a chance from nowhere but seemed a waste to play Freeman deeper .

That's been coming for ages now, luckily we get away with below par performances because of poor opposition. Wade Elliot hasn't been the same since he was sent off against Swindle, JET, although I love the bloke really doesn't help the flow of our game when he just sits in the centre of our midfield without moving. Better quality defenders were always going to find playing against two big strikers easy, but it's the perfect wake up call, and teams around us lost so it's not the end of the world.

That's been coming for ages now, luckily we get away with below par performances because of poor opposition. Wade Elliot hasn't been the same since he was sent off against Swindle, JET, although I love the bloke really doesn't help the flow of our game when he just sits in the centre of our midfield without moving. Better quality defenders were always going to find playing against two big strikers easy, but it's the perfect wake up call, and teams around us lost so it's not the end of the world.

Nail & Head

We have ridden our luck at times lately and i think the only ones panicking today were the manager and players.

Most fans seem pretty philisophical in defeat .

We have ridden our luck at times lately and i think the only ones panicking today were the manager and players.

Most fans seem pretty philisophical in defeat .

Exactly. We were always going to slip up somewhere and it is disappointing to everyone when it happens. But we can learn plenty from today and go again. No panic. We've got to take it as a wake up call and go on another run.

I'm hoping it's a wake up call for everyone concerned, we seem to be sleep walking to the championship at this rate.

Think that's a bit harsh. Our first league defeat this year and won something like 6 of the last 8 league matches is hardly sleepwalking. There are two teams on a football pitch - I agree we haven't hit the heights recently but teams aren't coming to the gate and rolling over to die. If we react to this defeat like we reacted to the last one we had in the league then the April matches we are concerned about will be pretty much academic.

No panic, just acceptance that today we had a bell piece of an official and that SheffU total did us and fair plat to them. That's the way it goes sometimes. Swindle and Dongs losing but nothing changed so as you were if you like. Cotts will have given them a rocket expect the bounce back Tuesday. Bring it on.

We're Bristol City it's never straightforward.

:)

Think that's a bit harsh. Our first league defeat this year and won something like 6 of the last 8 league matches is hardly sleepwalking. There are two teams on a football pitch - I agree we haven't hit the heights recently but teams aren't coming to the gate and rolling over to die. If we react to this defeat like we reacted to the last one we had in the league then the April matches we are concerned about will be pretty much academic.

Results wise we are doing excellent, but performance wise it's really not there at the moment. As I said before because of poorer opposition we will get away with a poor performance a lot of the time. But when a strong team like Sheffield United come, give us zero space and make it incredibly hard for us to play we will struggle.

Archived