IGNORED

Steve Cotterill On The Radio....

Andy082005

Personally I find it more disappointing that people are so quick to get on Cott's back. Why are so many keen to point the finger?

I don't feel that people getting on Cotts back, per se, just the way he reacted on the radio. A good manager has to be magnanimous in defeat, and not have a go at the reporter, even if the questions aren't first class. Cotts should realise that the reporter has not got the same degree of football knowledge as himself. Perhaps Cotts will apologise when he calms down

Better get used to more of the same if results like that are repeated.

He's been fantastic since his arrival, so it's a bit of a rareity to lose in that fashion.

I'm sure in the heat of the moment we all lose are cool once in a while, we are all human?

All that said, being in the public eye is high pressure stuff, I guess he's lost his cool for the first time & unfortunately it's made him look a bit of a tool.

Tuesday will be a good chance to put things right on & off the pitch for him & the team and ivexpectca few changes to personnel & application, desire.

We've 2 weeks of Smith left, we need to capitalise on his presence, SC has a job to do funding a replacement as Wilbraham is one yellow away from a suspension & obviously still not fit.

Onwards & upwards for SC, everyone has a blip & today he/we made one on & off the field, good job there's plenty of time to put it right.

COYR

A good manager doesn't have to be magnanimous in defeat,that's total horse dung

Actually they should. If a manager says, in public, the opposition was good it takes the pressure off his team. What he says in the dressing room is a totally different matter.

****I NG GOOD SOMEONE THAT LOSES WELL HAS HAD TOO MUCH PRACTICE AT IT

Exactly!

A good manager doesn't have to be magnanimous in defeat,that's total horse dung

Exactly!

I am delighted that SC was pissed off and could not care less about the sensitivity of a sports reporter.

I hope the news that some of us want to get out of this league and could not careless how we do it is not to much for others to take!....If SC uses his obvious anger at losing a game we should have a point from to get the team and crowd going for Tuesday it gets my vote!

The biggest concern I have was that our league position seems to have had an effect on the fanaticism and support of our fans, this is the business end of the season and SC wants it badly, being magnanimous in defeat is a nicety I don't need....Roll on Tuesday and a team lifted by the manager and our supporters! 

nice to see Radio Brizz treated the way it treats us .....FM & DAB for non league shite while we are on MW when it works....karma

I couldn't believe I had to dust off the MW radio because NLBR occupied both of the 'grown up' frequencies, plus it was online. Surely FM and DAB can be shared, a game on each? 

Exactly!

Exactly!

I am delighted that SC was pissed off and could not care less about the sensitivity of a sports reporter.

I hope the news that some of us want to get out of this league and could not careless how we do it is not to much for others to take!....If SC uses his obvious anger at losing a game we should have a point from to get the team and crowd going for Tuesday it gets my vote!

The biggest concern I have was that our league position seems to have had an effect on the fanaticism and support of our fans, this is the business end of the season and SC wants it badly, being magnanimous in defeat is a nicety I don't need....Roll on Tuesday and a team lifted by the manager and our supporters! 

At least he has some fire in his belly and I hope

that come Tuesday it rubs off on the players and

they come out all guns blazing. Supporters as well

can give us a lift with the same passion as he shows.

nice to see Radio Brizz treated the way it treats us .....FM & DAB for non league shite while we are on MW when it works....karma

Nice to see local radio giving support to non-league football, but when are the Mighty Mangoes and Bristol Manor Farm getting their chance?

Agree he came across as a bad loser but I quite like that as he's very likely to take it out on the players who were well beat today and ensure they put on a much better show on Tuesday. I bet he took out his frustrations on them and ripped into them after the game which is exactly what is required. Complacency is a killer. 

...No one is getting on his back? Just saying he came across as a petulant child.

I love the bloke, he's been great for this club, and will continue to do so....that on the radio though, was embarrassing and cringeworthy.

Are we not allowed to criticise now? We have all heaped praise on him since he has come here....today was one of the few days he let himself down

Personally I thought the beginning was just a bit of banter, the silence,  I don't know, was he thinking/confused? And in the end he said good on Sheff Utd.  It wasn't a classic interview, but is it really worth a thread?  I just don't think it's that important.  Besides as someone else said I'm glad he's pissed off; it shows he cares.

I just get the feeling that it's been so long since people have had a chance to moan about something that it was a case of not being able to wait any longer.

As for the subs, you win some, you lose some, why does he have to admit to anything?  I'd rather he keeps going for the win, under past managers we've too often seen a defender come on to save the draw in that situation.

I couldn't believe I had to dust off the MW radio because NLBR occupied both of the 'grown up' frequencies, plus it was online. Surely FM and DAB can be shared, a game on each? 

Exactly

Nice to see local radio giving support to non-league football, but when are the Mighty Mangoes and Bristol Manor Farm getting their chance?

Or even Bath .....

No one should be beyond ridicule.

There was no need to act the way he did initially.

He certainly handed them the initiative with a strange substitution that would have been more appropriate had we been losing 3-1 and not 1-1, at time when we were still well in the game.

Ridicule is the wrong word surely. Ridicule meaning to make fun of. Constructive criticism is the word you were looking for surely .

Just saying.

SC never is the best for interviews, especially after a loss. Can be a right grumpy so and so, but like someone said above, it does show his passion and you only have to look at Mourinho, Ferguson etc's interviews after a loss, to show that it is a good trait to have!

What matters most is what goes on in the dressing room and hopefully SC will have the lads motivated to get a vital win on Tuesday, that will take us 7 points clear of 2nd place.

For what it's worth, I haven't even heard the interview but the quotes on twitter seem fair.

According to Radio Bristol they aren't "non league" Twentyman regularly says "now on to non league" after NLBR.

I didn't hear the interview, because let's face it, local radio is third rate.

According to Radio Bristol they aren't "non league" Twentyman regularly says "now on to non league" after NLBR.

I didn't hear the interview, because let's face it, local radio is third rate.

BBC need to invest some money, it's an utter sham of a programme, could it be anymore pro gas!

They aren't a league club, they should get the same coverage as the other local non league clubs.

Radio Bristol & Somerset Sound never gave anywhere near a third as much coverage to Yeovil in their non league days, pathetic.......& dont get me started on the poor mans version of Lawro!!!!

Archived