IGNORED

Another Poor Attendance..

Lew-T

This game was a sell out a while before the game and only a 11,000 there today? I understand its valentines day but why don't City set up a system for non attending season ticket holders to ring up or contact the club to make more tickets available.

Just an idea

Today's sellout puzzled me too. I'm in the Dolman and obviously it's easy to recognise fellow ST holders and the seats nearby who are occupied by pay on the day/occasional people. Today I could easily see 20 seats in an area of only a couple of rows, these seats are not ST holders seats but casual people and they weren't sold. Even if they were, well they must have been for it to be a sellout, what's the chances of everybody not turning up. Odd.

I thought capacity was about 13k? 

Surely 15% of people don't just not turn up? 

Official attendance 11,767 today so with Sheff.Utd selling 3-400 less than their allocation presumably the present capacity can only be about 12,200.

Colin Sexstone once said that for whatever reason about 1 in 6 STH's do not attend each game.

This means anything up to about 1,300 empty seats in the home sections even when the stands are 'sold out', and accounts for all the visible empty seats.

The number of fans actually in AG today was probably around 10.5k.

Regarding the empty seats in Williams A.....for some reason these are never sold.They're not missing S/T's as they're empty every week - today at least 30 I could see, but many more further over, including 7 in a line together. occasionally Carlos Anton and the Academy players are there, so maybe they keep them back but annoying for those unable to get tickets and there's unused seats

Its very frustrating to see the Dolman wings continuing to be blocked off.

Surely there is something the club can do to make these available?

Any suggestions? You might of noticed there is some building work going on :-). The problem is there is now only one gate into the Dolman so there is a limit on the amount of people who can use it

Regarding the empty seats in Williams A.....for some reason these are never sold.They're not missing S/T's as they're empty every week - today at least 30 I could see, but many more further over, including 7 in a line together. occasionally Carlos Anton and the Academy players are there, so maybe they keep them back but annoying for those unable to get tickets and there's unused seats

Isn't A block also used for players WAGs and family?

This game was a sell out a while before the game and only a 11,000 there today? I understand its valentines day but why don't City set up a system for non attending season ticket holders to ring up or contact the club to make more tickets available.

Just an idea

I think this has been mentioned to Dave Lloyd on a couple of occasions. I think he said the current computer system can't deal with this. Hopefully when the redevelopment is done they will be able to cater for this. But if you believe that then you'd believe anything.

alot of them stand up in the E block or on the stairs, i know a few that do it everyweek and get away with it..

as for the attendance... highest in the league today...

I've been booking for the games coming up and I've been told that the Dolman is now sold out for the rest of the season.

The reason I've been given is rebuilding and reallocated ST holders from the lower Dolman. So it's the Williams for me.

Pity, as I'm certain that the seat I've sat in most of the season, and sat in yesterday, won't be occupied.

Just an idea

Barcelona have been doing that for years.

I think this has been mentioned to Dave Lloyd on a couple of occasions. I think he said the current computer system can't deal with this. Hopefully when the redevelopment is done they will be able to cater for this. But if you believe that then you'd believe anything.

The amount of PR coming out of BS reminds me of the election run up all talk, promise you the world, then completely ignore you and do just as they want when it comes down to it. :yes:

It's a strange thing when looking at the Dolman stand from the Williams, the stairs are positioned with one staircase for each of the blocks towards the EE, you then have two and a half blocks exiting from the one final staircase at the Atteyo end. It's bound to cause delays with two and a half blocks allotted just one staircase, even if some go towards the old EE before going down the staircase. I've often wondered why they can't exit along the back of the goal towards the Williams around the pitch, they used to do it at other grounds. Probably worried about the ultra's invading the pitch and attacking left and right wingers.

Archived