IGNORED

Honesty Thread...

PFree

We've had a good run but today we were beaten by a side who played much better on the day.

Clough had done his homework and closed the good parts of our game down really well..

SU won just about every 50:50 ball and wanted it more today..

Their movement was far better than ours..

Despite us leading at half-time being honest we were poor throughout the first half and they looked the only team destined to win the game..

They took their chances well and we didn't ..

The good news is we'll quickly have the chance to put it right on Tuesday - well done to SU today, they deserved the three points but let's quickly move on and focus back on the many positives!

COYR

Agree with all of that. We were poor against Fleetwood and Port Vale and got results because they were sloppy.

Quality of opposition was much better today and they gave us a masterclass in passing and moving in the first half. We didn't deserve anything.

They took their chances and we squandered ours, such as they were.

And why oh why do we insist on playing it out from the back ONLY when under severe pressure?! When no one's around we punt it long for Smith and when 4 opposition players are closing in we seem determined to try and skill our way out!

SU were by far the better side today, but we could still have got something out of the game. We need to put it right on Tuesday and we need to play an awful lot better. They had a lot of ball first half and I thought that we defended very well, sadly we made three bad errors second half all of which were punished. Luckily we've another home game very soon where we can put it right.

Personally I didn't feel there was that much between the two teams. Sheffield united came with a game plan and did a job on us- fair play to them.

We were however far from our best.

The fact we have nearly 20 points more than them shows we clearly have the better players, but it was their day. Grats to 'em.

He's not fit, were only playing him as we have no other option (poor in my opinion.

For the record I really don't think he's good enough, despite his 24 goals last season. There I said it, definitely the weakest link.

I agree, we have 4 strikers who are either going soon, inconsistently brilliant, getting old or not good enough. Come the summer this is a priority position for sure. A new goalkeeper would be nice too though

He's not fit, were only playing him as we have no other option (poor in my opinion.

For the record I really don't think he's good enough, despite his 24 goals last season. There I said it, definitely the weakest link.

Yep. I realise he's not returned to fitness He didn't really seem focussed though - either today, or in his last two sub appearances.

Just wasn't at the races at all today.

Op said sheff Utd wanted it more,nonsense but a comment that could get him a job at the evening post with the cliches they come out with

For me they just seemed far more up for it which explains why we won hardly any 50:50s, they also chased lost causes and closed us down with strong appetite, perhaps the number of games we've played has caught us up a bit?

Jury is still out for me on Agard.  We know he can do it as he already has at this level.  We just have to see if we can get the best out of him.  I wouldn't say he's the weakest link.  That I believe would go to Derrick Williams.  I really do not feel comfortable when he has the ball at all and I would say is the only player who has regressed this season.  Not dreadful by any stretch of the imagination, but certainly the least good of an excellent bunch, shall we say?

Jury is still out for me on Agard. We know he can do it as he already has at this level. We just have to see if we can get the best out of him. I wouldn't say he's the weakest link. That I believe would go to Derrick Williams. I really do not feel comfortable when he has the ball at all and I would say is the only player who has regressed this season. Not dreadful by any stretch of the imagination, but certainly the least good of an excellent bunch, shall we say?

Indeed. Backing off his man and then falling over when he was in a one-on-one with their striker for the third goal brought back horrible memories of Mr L Fontaine.

We might as well change the title of this thread to 'we lost one game, so let's start criticising all the players'

Not really. They were - apart from the excellent Freeman - below par.

That's an obvious observation, not a criticism. We were second best.

I fully expect a bounce back on Tuesday night. That's the Cotterell effect. We know they can do it.

Even the weakest starters yesterday - Williams and Elliott - would've looked class in some of the sides we've put out in previous seasons.

Archived